NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Trae with 33 points and 7 assists 4 rebounds in a win over Boston.

17 points 8 assists 6 rebounds for Trae in a loss to OKC

Buddy with 14 points in a win over Detroit

Trae with a pretty bad game, 15 points 9 assists, 8 rebounds 7 turnovers in a loss to to the Heat

Big game for Buddy 30 points 7assts. But Sacramento loses.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Atlanta just fired their coach

Trae Young just led the Hawks to a 19 point come from behind win over Orlando. Hawks are 2-0 under Nate McMillan. 32 points 8 assists for Young.

Buddy had a big night in a win over the Lakers: 28 points (11-15 from the field, 7-11 from deep), 6 assists, 6 rebounds and a steal.

Buddy with 21 in a loss to Portland

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1367882930383708168?s=20[/TWEET]

Blake Griffin news. Any chance the Thunder attempt to acquire him?

I would hope not, they are having a tough time losing as much as they want as it is.

Even though he will mainly be a role player rather than a star, will be nice if Blake gets his first legit chance to make a deep playoff run. Although I don’t think I could truly root for a team with Harden and Kyrie lol.

Is Blake a future head coach, the Sooner version of Juwan Howard?

I've been drooling over Blake in OKC for a decade. But this it the first time I don't want that -- he's been tortured enough as a Clipper and Piston.

I want him to head back to LA with the Lakers to get a ring and rub in the Clippers' faces.

What OU player has the best chance at grabbing our first NBA ring?

I like what SAC has going in the backcourt with Fox, Haliburton, and Hield. I just don't see them competing for championships anytime soon.

Trae has the best long-term potential as a player, but I don't know he'll ever have the necessary pieces around him in ATL. Lots of young, talented players if they play their cards right, though.

Blake weirdly might be #1 right now given his ability to go wherever he wants. I have a feeling he'll be ring-shopping at a place like Brooklyn or LA. If he doesn't, I'll be genuinely disappointed in him as a competitor. He's a shell of his former self, but could do some real damage on 20-25 minutes (and hopefully stay healthy for once).

Who is Clifford Ray?

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! The 1975 Golden State Warriors. And Ray wasn't just along for the ride, he was the starting center on a team that featured Rick Barry and Keith (Jamaal) Wilkes. He was their main defensive presence, but still averaged 9-10 PPG as well.

Here is what I never understood about Clifford Ray. There was a time when he was considered the BEST defensive "big man" coach in the NBA. I always wondered why OU head coaches never tried (at least publicly) to lure him to OU to help out with our bigs.

Here's an OU trivia question regarding the NBA Finals...and if you have never seen this play, you need to watch it on YouTube. Who was the OU player who made a "famous" basket in the NBA Finals? Since I still see this play every year somewhere, it qualifies as "famous".

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! The 1975 Golden State Warriors. And Ray wasn't just along for the ride, he was the starting center on a team that featured Rick Barry and Keith (Jamaal) Wilkes. He was their main defensive presence, but still averaged 9-10 PPG as well.

Here is what I never understood about Clifford Ray. There was a time when he was considered the BEST defensive "big man" coach in the NBA. I always wondered why OU head coaches never tried (at least publicly) to lure him to OU to help out with our bigs.

Here's an OU trivia question regarding the NBA Finals...and if you have never seen this play, you need to watch it on YouTube. Who was the OU player who made a "famous" basket in the NBA Finals? Since I still see this play every year somewhere, it qualifies as "famous".
Gar Heard vs Boston the next year. Celts won the finals that year. Although it was still called Championship series at the time. The Finals name wasn't till the mid 80s.

Another Clifford Ray trivia question; what non-sports public impact did he have on campus while a student at OU?

Back