NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

21 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists for Buddy last night in a losing cause.

Trae had 25 points, 7 rebounds and 15 assists tonight in a one-point loss to Dallas. He was yelling at a ref after the final buzzer, thinking he'd gotten fouled setting a screen on the final play of the game, but he was wrong. It wasn't a foul.

Trae after struggling for about a month has really played well the last couple weeks.

21 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists for Buddy last night in a losing cause.

Trae had 25 points, 7 rebounds and 15 assists tonight in a one-point loss to Dallas. He was yelling at a ref after the final buzzer, thinking he'd gotten fouled setting a screen on the final play of the game, but he was wrong. It wasn't a foul.

the atlanta coaches very much disagree ...

and when the NBA 2 min report comes out i bet they do as well

the atlanta coaches very much disagree ...

and when the NBA 2 min report comes out i bet they do as well

What did the Dallas player do that could be considered a foul? Trae came up right behind him with a screen, the Dallas guy turned and there was a collision, as happens on many screens. Trae went down because he was much smaller than the guy (and because he was trying to draw a foul), but how was that different than hundreds of other collisions on screens that don't get whistled?

For what it's worth, the game announcers dismissed out of hand that it should been called a foul.

What did the Dallas player do that could be considered a foul? Trae came up right behind him with a screen, the Dallas guy turned and there was a collision, as happens on many screens. Trae went down because he was much smaller than the guy (and because he was trying to draw a foul), but how was that different than hundreds of other collisions on screens that don't get whistled?

For what it's worth, the game announcers dismissed out of hand that it should been called a foul.

WCS ran into the screen that is a foul

WCS didn't seek out contact. He turned to follow the man he was defending, and TY was right there. WCS couldn't possibly have avoided contact. It was a good screen and it achieved its objective: WCS's guy got wide open near the basket (if they'd have passed to him, they'd have won the game). If that was a foul, then there should be whistles on probably 50% of screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yWG3ljXoMU&feature=emb_logo

Last edited:
WCS didn't seek out contact. He turned to follow the man he was defending, and TY was right there. WCS couldn't possibly have avoided contact. It was a good screen and it achieved its objective: WCS's guy got wide open near the basket (if they'd have passed to him, they'd have won the game). If that was a foul, then there should be whistles on probably 50% of screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yWG3ljXoMU&feature=emb_logo

i look forward to seeing what the NBA 2 min report says it should be out tomorrow

It could have gone either way. If that was LeBron setting that screen, a foul would have been called. For almost anyone else, I just don't think they will call that in the last 5 seconds of a game. Jeff Van Gundy clearly pointed that out.

i look forward to seeing what the NBA 2 min report says it should be out tomorrow

I certainly don't claim to be an expert in NBA officiating -- far from it. I'm just saying what I would have called if it were me. I don't know what WCS could have done differently. Let his man just take off toward the basket, I guess.

Blake with 16 points 6 assists and 3 rebounds in a loss to the Pacers

25 points 3 assists for Trae. Hawks lost to the Spurs

Blake with 12 points 6 assists 4 rebounds in a Detroit win over Boston

Buddy with 19 points 4 rebounds 4 assists, and a steal in a loss to Orlando.

BG being shut down till the Pistons and his people can figure out what to do...

Basically he's out of Detroit. He may be a good role player somewhere off the bench but he's just not worth the money they are paying him because his knees are shot. Kinda sad to see it happen.

A perhaps dumb question: In baseball, Blake would be owed the money for the next two seasons no matter what (unless he chose to retire). Is that the case in the NBA, or can the Pistons cut him loose to save the dough?

A perhaps dumb question: In baseball, Blake would be owed the money for the next two seasons no matter what (unless he chose to retire). Is that the case in the NBA, or can the Pistons cut him loose to save the dough?

More than likely whatever team he gets traded to will pay some of his contract & the Pistons will pay the rest.

Back