NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

The deal is too much for him to get traded they will probably negotiate a buy out but he won't be getting the full nearly 75 million he's owed. It'll probably be something like 10-20 million or something like that to buy out. Not sure how those negotiations will work.

Sorry to belabor it, but that depends on Blake doing what many would see as the "right thing," no? If he refused to retire, he would get the entire two years' salary, whether they played him or not, wouldn't he?

I'm not saying he should do that, but he could if he chose, yes?

Yes. Unless he accepts a buyout

Yes, that's what I meant by "retire" -- sorry I was unclear.

I wonder, is it a given that a player like Blake is expected to bow out gracefully (with millions still going in his pockets, of course), when he's legally entitled to stick around and get the whole amount? Would he come in for criticism from the basketball world if he refused a buyout? (It's surely now crystal clear that I don't pay much attention to the financial workings of the NBA.)

Yes, that's what I meant by "retire" -- sorry I was unclear.

I wonder, is it a given that a player like Blake is expected to bow out gracefully (with millions still going in his pockets, of course), when he's legally entitled to stick around and get the whole amount? Would he come in for criticism from the basketball world if he refused a buyout? (It's surely now crystal clear that I don't pay much attention to the financial workings of the NBA.)

If they buy him out he would be a free agent. I’m not sure if they could buy him out then do a sign & trade?

Basically he's out of Detroit. He may be a good role player somewhere off the bench but he's just not worth the money they are paying him because his knees are shot. Kinda sad to see it happen.

And on top of that he dated one of the Kardashians.

Watching the few games he's played in and he is more like Manek as a player. Just screens and goes outside. He has no real post game anymore. He can be play a role on a good team but not a star like he once was.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Trae Young with 23 points 8 assists in a loss to the Knicks

Watching the few games he's played in and he is more like Manek as a player. Just screens and goes outside. He has no real post game anymore. He can be play a role on a good team but not a star like he once was.

he was never much of a "post" player in the nba

he just doesn't have any explosion left ..

he has 0 dunks in the last 2 nba seasons .. which is unthinkable ..

he was never much of a "post" player in the nba

he just doesn't have any explosion left ..

he has 0 dunks in the last 2 nba seasons .. which is unthinkable ..
He had a back to the basket post game some when he was a top PF. Although his athleticism was his go to. He is now a pick and pop guy.

Hopefully Blake can land with the lakers, Clippers or Nets.. I wouldn't mind the Warriors. He can really help a good team. Coming off bench as a 6th man type or if a team needs a big. I do think his numbers could and will go up. He was in and out of the lineup all season it seemed like with Detroit. Hard to get a flow and that team is just bad bad.

Trae had 40 points, eight assists, 3 rebounds and 2 steals as the Hawks hung on to win in Boston. Trae had, I think, 16 points in the fourth quarter alone.

Trae had 31 points, 11 assists, 4 rebounds and 3 steals tonight in a loss to the Celtics (also 6 turnovers). The little bit of the game that I watched, the Celtics couldn't miss and TY wasn't getting much help from his teammates.

Huge game for Trae. 35 points 15 assists 6 rebounds. Hawks beat the Nuggets.

Trae Young is the first player to score at least 25 points and have 9 assists a game to not make an all star game in over 30 years.

And he scored 28 points and had 12 assists in a loss to Cleveland tonight.

Last edited:
Holy cow! How did he not make the all-star game? I didn't pay attention just figured he was in.

Back