New ARENA as part of entertainment District

Just yuck at having something off campus. If you could keep it in Norman, off campus, I could tolerate it. But further than that? I HATE off campus facilities. Not a fan at all. Just need to wait until we have the money to do something ourselves. Should the SEC dollars not help with that?

Just yuck at having something off campus. If you could keep it in Norman, off campus, I could tolerate it. But further than that? I HATE off campus facilities. Not a fan at all. Just need to wait until we have the money to do something ourselves. Should the SEC dollars not help with that?

Sec dollars will be used for football and the non revenue sports expenses. Donors and tax payers going to have to step up if they want a good basketball team. It’s that simple.

Sec dollars will be used for football and the non revenue sports expenses. Donors and tax payers going to have to step up if they want a good basketball team. It’s that simple.
lol, that is not true. Nobody posting on this board knows what the plan is, but to suggest SEC dollars won't be funneled into the bball program is ludicrous. Enough for a brand new arena? Who knows.

Renovate. McCasland.

This whole mixed-used, entertainment district is just a money play and gives me the ick. The basketball arena feels like an afterthought.

Renovate. McCasland.

This whole mixed-used, entertainment district is just a money play and gives me the ick. The basketball arena feels like an afterthought.
It's the only way they've figured out how to get it done. McCasland ship has sailed.

Maybe, but they've had enough money to do it now. $200M is all you need. That seems to be a yearly expense for the football program to get ready for the SEC

lol, that is not true. Nobody posting on this board knows what the plan is, but to suggest SEC dollars won't be funneled into the bball program is ludicrous. Enough for a brand new arena? Who knows.

That’s exactly how it has been spent for about 50 years so idk why it would suddenly change.

If a donor footed the bill to renovate McCasland the project would begin tomorrow. OU does not want to pay for this. Anywhere.
And when Harroz says "other cities" it's a wink to the fact this could be built on the north side of Indian Hills Road somewhere.
I think football is going to gobble up every $$$ from the SEC distribution until we get our feet settled in the new digs.

Renovate. McCasland.

I’ve been to a similar area in Atlanta at the Braves new stadium. If they can replicate that feel it will be legit

Sickos Committee has gotten hold of this now. If OU moves basketball to Moore or OKC, we'll be a laughing stock, and deservedly so.

If a donor footed the bill to renovate McCasland the project would begin tomorrow. OU does not want to pay for this. Anywhere.
And when Harroz says "other cities" it's a wink to the fact this could be built on the north side of Indian Hills Road somewhere.
I think football is going to gobble up every $$$ from the SEC distribution until we get our feet settled in the new digs.
Why shouldn’t OU foot the bill for it?

If the city council craps on this deal, I’d expect we’ll be waiting another decade at least before getting something done. After 10 years of SEC revenue, MAYBE we will have enough to build a new arena.

Back