New Arena

Sorry, I didn't miss anything.

Truce MsProudSooner, there is too much back and forth between posters here and I have fallen into it. I apologize for being snarky.

Honestly, the point of my post was my overall dissatisfaction with college athletics and the direction I think they are headed. That somehow got lost in practice facilities discussion.

Truce MsProudSooner, there is too much back and forth between posters here and I have fallen into it. I apologize for being snarky.

Honestly, the point of my post was my overall dissatisfaction with college athletics and the direction I think they are headed. That somehow got lost in practice facilities discussion.

I agree that college athletics is it's own worst enemy in many ways.

Can an old guy rant here? Heaven forbid the men and women use each other's courts when the team isn't using them. I understand that there will be some times when both are practicing at the same time but I would bet that is a rare occasion. And if it's only shooting, to have men and women shoot in the same gym..........what a travesty!

And I am with Skyvue in another reply, it seems never ending that we constantly need upgrading of facilities and amenities to entice players that now have no commitment to stay at the university more than one season and it's no longer about the school or the team, it's about their individual brand.

And oh yeah, we as boosters need to support the university by donating to these endless upgrades but now we also need to give to "collectives" to entice those athletes to come try us for a year and see if they like us enough to stay.

It seems like sad times for college athletics my friends.

Rant over.

I heard that the food replicators are not positioned close enough to the players lounge. NOW I'm mad! ! !

when they run full court they almost always use the LNC main court ..

the practice facilities are not an issue

LK would disagree with you.

Griffin center is a workout facility not a basketball gym. It is outstanding.

I don’t know if the women aren’t using it now but in past they weren’t supposed to use the other side. It is more space but then the team isn’t in the same place. Hard to rotate guys into the drills. Moser may just run in LNC but Kruger used full court in practice gym.

Back