Next season

jaymOU

Reaction score
Was thinking about how LK likes to play and looking at next year's roster, it could be VERY interesting and encouraging.

If Doo develops 3-point range - he is literally a step away from that now - it would give OU three-point shooters at all 5 positions.

I envision the starters being:

PG - Harmon
SG - Reeves
SF - Bienemy
PF - Manek
C - Doolittle

With Williams as the sixth man and Kurath or one of the other JC bigs helping inside.

This is the kind of team LK's loves. Harmon should have plenty of room to get into the paint and we have seen Bienemy can do this as well and Doolittle.

Spreading the floor with Manek and Reeves and I think you could have something pretty good.

Color me optimistic - I know, probably should not be, but I am. I think OU could be top half of the conference maybe even top third next season.

You guys are nuts, we will be lucky to avoid 0-31. And if we do win a couple along the way, it will be because the other team was injured or had someone suspended. :)

Harmon, Reeves & Bienemy have all been considered PGs at one time or another. Reeves probably the least of the 3.

Harmon & Bienemy kind of remind me of Woodard & Cousins during Cousins senior season. It was kind of assumed that Woodward would be the "pg" because he was smaller but ended up being more of the 2. I actually think Bienemy will remain our PG and Harmon will play more off the ball. At least getting in to our offense.

Bienemy's control of the game is outstanding for a freshman and it will only get better.

People are so fickle, he had one somewhat rough game and people will be on here saying he sucks which they already started in the WV game thread.

Harmon, Reeves & Bienemy have all been considered PGs at one time or another. Reeves probably the least of the 3.

Harmon & Bienemy kind of remind me of Woodard & Cousins during Cousins senior season. It was kind of assumed that Woodward would be the "pg" because he was smaller but ended up being more of the 2. I actually think Bienemy will remain our PG and Harmon will play more off the ball. At least getting in to our offense.

Bienemy's control of the game is outstanding for a freshman and it will only get better.

People are so fickle, he had one somewhat rough game and people will be on here saying he sucks which they already started in the WV game thread.

And it was actually only a bad few minutes. He was great in the first half. Funny thing is, a few weeks ago people complained that he was too passive and needed to take more risks. As soon as he did and made a couple key mistakes, people were complaining about him being reckless. He is the least of my concerns going forward, and I agree that he will probably play more point than most expect next season.

I truly admire the optimism in this thread. I hope it is realized next season.

PG: Trae Young (NCAA Player of the Year, NBA All-Star)
SG: Christian James (3-4 year starter)
SG: Kameron McGusty (top 100 player)
PF: Kristian Doolittle (Big 12's Most Improved Player)
PF: Brady Manek (All freshman team, climbing OU's career scoring list)

This team flamed out....

Top to bottom recruiting is the major issue, followed by coaching and attitude.

Next years starting 5 looks good... Will the other players contribute? Will Harmon play like a true freshman or come in like a Big 12 starter caliber player? Will they have good chemistry and mesh? Can they rebound the ball and defend? not all true freshman come in guns blazing. In fact, very few do.

Next years team can look good on paper, but it also can look very suspect.

PG: Trae Young (NCAA Player of the Year, NBA All-Star)
SG: Christian James (3-4 year starter)
SG: Kameron McGusty (top 100 player)
PF: Kristian Doolittle (Big 12's Most Improved Player)
PF: Brady Manek (All freshman team, climbing OU's career scoring list)

This team flamed out....

Top to bottom recruiting is the major issue, followed by coaching and attitude.

Next years starting 5 looks good... Will the other players contribute? Will Harmon play like a true freshman or come in like a Big 12 starter caliber player? Will they have good chemistry and mesh? Can they rebound the ball and defend? not all true freshman come in guns blazing. In fact, very few do.

Next years team can look good on paper, but it also can look very suspect.

mcgusty was the #1 issue on last years team

doo was suspended from school last year in the first semester

and james came in to last year as a 1 year disapointing starter

mcgusty was the #1 issue on last years team

doo was suspended from school last year in the first semester

and james came in to last year as a 1 year disapointing starter

I am saying that team looked redic BEFORE the season started, like next years, and it flamed out. In fact, it probably looked better than next years team because they had the best player in the country.

I am saying that team looked redic BEFORE the season started, like next years, and it flamed out. In fact, it probably looked better than next years team because they had the best player in the country.

before the season started some of the guys you listed were massive ? marks ..

OU wasn't ranked preseason last year and was picked 6th in the preseason poll they finished 6th

Last edited:
We can't get away with the Manek/Doolittle frontcourt. We're doing it out of necessity now because we have no other option, but a big part of why we lost last night, for example, is we got murdered on the glass.

We can't get away with the Manek/Doolittle frontcourt. We're doing it out of necessity now because we have no other option, but a big part of why we lost last night, for example, is we got murdered on the glass.

You can get away with it, just not for 30-32 mins every game. Gotta have a big to mix in with them while one of them rests.

WVU outrebounded us by 34 rebounds in 3 games... average of 11.3 boards per game. This is without their best player (Konate) and a total rebounding machine they have coming in next year.. OU has the same front-court next year.

We gave up 49 offensive rebounds in 3 games against them. 16.3 offensive rebounds per game given up.

Again, without their best player and a total rebounding freak of nature they have coming in next year.

In other words... they man-handled us this year. They are tougher... More physical... more relentless... The last place team in the league came in better coached, better prepared, and their guys were fighting to win and our guys weren't... Doolittle said it himself.

Last edited:
Another thing to consider is that most Big 12 teams lose very little from their team via graduation. Tech and KSU will have some voids to fill but most of everybody else will have almost their entire teams back from this year unless there are a bunch of transfers out.

The starting 5 looks great on paper, but we will have NO quality depth.

I think we should just forfeit the season in advance. Just like it was obvious we were only going to win one more game this season as of mid-February, it is obvious we have no chance next season. Why bother playing the games?

I think we should just forfeit the season in advance. Just like it was obvious we were only going to win one more game this season as of mid-February, it is obvious we have no chance next season. Why bother playing the games?

As hard as it might appear, grow up.

WVU outrebounded us by 34 rebounds in 3 games... average of 11.3 boards per game. This is without their best player (Konate) and a total rebounding machine they have coming in next year.. OU has the same front-court next year.

We gave up 49 offensive rebounds in 3 games against them. 16.3 offensive rebounds per game given up.

Again, without their best player and a total rebounding freak of nature they have coming in next year.

In other words... they man-handled us this year. They are tougher... More physical... more relentless... The last place team in the league came in better coached, better prepared, and their guys were fighting to win and our guys weren't... Doolittle said it himself.
Manek struggles boxing guys out

As hard as it might appear, grow up.

Tell ya what big guy -- since you have such a problem with me and insist on taking shots at me, why don't you send me a private message and save the rest of the board from it? You try so hard to make obscure references and use ten-cent words to make yourself seem smart, and reply to almost everything I post in a personal way even though my remarks have nothing to do with you. If you want to engage in any type of a real conversation with me, I'd welcome it. But something tells me you'll stick to your juvenile way of trying to call me out just because you don't agree with my opinions about our basketball team.

Tell ya what big guy -- since you have such a problem with me and insist on taking shots at me, why don't you send me a private message and save the rest of the board from it? You try so hard to make obscure references and use ten-cent words to make yourself seem smart, and reply to almost everything I post in a personal way even though my remarks have nothing to do with you. If you want to engage in any type of a real conversation with me, I'd welcome it. But something tells me you'll stick to your juvenile way of trying to call me out just because you don't agree with my opinions about our basketball team.

It has nothing to do with your basketball opinion, so let's get that straight. What is has to do with is your demeaning and overtly condescending behavior to anyone who doesn't accept your viewpoint hook, line and sinker as gospel. The only things in reality which run through you are breakfast, lunch and dinner. Period. Your comment regarding how, we as fans, should just forfeit the season before the first shot is taken qualifies as an adult response? Only in your convoluted world.

Last edited:
Back