***Official NBA Draft 2009 Thread***

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
This is the most excited I have been about a NBA draft in years. OU will be featured prominently with Blake as the likely #1 pick. I'm also hoping to hear the name Griffin called again in the second round.

Best of luck Blake and Taylor! We're all proud of you!!!!!!!!!

:boomer :sooner

awesome. :clap

get rid of camby so blake can have his #23.

With the first pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Clippers select Blake Griffin, from THE University of Oklahoma!!!

nba_e_draft09_576.jpg

OU fans are not accustomed to having the number 1 pick in the draft in basketball...I hope Blake is the first of several in that regard.

horrible pick for the Grizzlies. They have no need for him unless they plan on Marc Gasol playing the 4.

i heard there's still a chance thabeet could be traded to minny if minny can get harden.

I like this pick. This gives them a true SG kind of like OJ Mayo. We have a bright future.

With the first pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Clippers select Blake Griffin, from THE University of Oklahoma!!!

nba_e_draft09_576.jpg

Sure feels good to post that, huh SQ?

There will never be another Blake Griffin. But I firmly believe the legacy of greatness he left behind is just the beginning of NBA first round picks from OU we will see in the future.

CONGRATULATIONS, BLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot

Blake Griffin is the only exciting thing about this draft. Congrats on going #1, BG. You deserve it! Good luck in LA!

Good pick for the Thunder, call me crazy but I don't like Rubio that much or think he would fit in well with the Thunder.

Also even though we've known this for about 8 monthes or so, but still seeing Blake going number overall is pretty darn special. Seeing a Sooner basketball player going number one is just amazing.

imho, the Thunder screwed themselves royally by not picking a guy that has a chance to be a true superstar in the league. Rubio should have been the pick.

What's funny is Harden averaged almost as many assists as many of the PG's in this draft. He is the best all around player on the perimeter and tested as the best athlete as well.

as a thunder fan, i'm just going to hate playing against rubio and curry four times a year for the next decade.

They must've drafted one as trade bait.

Back