****OFFICIAL OU vs. NORTHERN COLORADO THREAD****

I look forward to the day that our fans realize that parity in college sports has arrived. Too often, because a school is not a traditional top program or has a directional name, our fans assume we should roll them by half-a-hundred (and this is true in hoops and football).

NCU (UNC?) was 9-2 entering today, so why anyone (including our players) would assume we would roll right over them, I don't know.

There are many, many teams that can beat a young, good-but-not-great team like OU nowadays -- dozens and dozens of them.

I think some of our fans as are guilty as our players sometimes appear to be of believing the hype. We're improving, but we're a long way from where we need to be (and, to me, it's no surprise at this point in the season) and virtually anyone we play can beat us.

Show the other team some respect by knowing what they've accomplished coming in.

Do you see the middle of the paint is alway open for Northern Colorado to attack? They are playing high and low on OU

When a bump on one end is ignored but called on the other, I've got to agree with someone who said OU is not getting any breaks on calls from the officials.

This team will make the NCAA Tourney easily, I think the problems are still effort, has been a little better in the 2nd half.

My son just said " Dad, is that North Carolina we are playing?" I said "no, it's Northern Colorado," he replied that's not good. lol

Do you see the middle of the paint is alway open for Northern Colorado to attack? They are playing high and low on OU

The middle is open more when RW is on the floor. He is not a good defender, plus he's an offensive liability.

I look forward to the day that our fans realize that parity in college sports has arrived. Too often, because a school is not a traditional top program or has a directional name, our fans assume we should roll them by half-a-hundred (and this is true in hoops and football).

NCU (UNC?) was 9-2 entering today, so why anyone (including our players) would assume we would roll right over them, I don't know.

There are many, many teams that can beat a young, good-but-not-great team like OU nowadays -- dozens and dozens of them.

I think some of our fans as are guilty as our players sometimes appear to be of believing the hype. We're improving, but we're a long way from where we need to be (and, to me, it's no surprise at this point in the season) and virtually anyone we play can beat us.

Show the other team some respect by knowing what they've accomplished coming in.

+1

You should know by now that we are a good offensive team and a bad defensive team. Because we are young, that is encouraging to me. You can teach defensive intensity.

That last foul was a bad call only because it was a travel first. The guy palmed the ball then the foul came.

Bad transition defense, but I think that was a travel before the foul.

I hate to pick on Ryan, but he was lax in getting back on defense, which resulted in a foul and points for NC.

My dad just walked into the room:

Dad: "Ou is playing north carolina?"
Me: "No, that's Northern Colorado."
Dad: "Oh, haha."

wright is a stiff, when he's in the game its like playing with 4 guys on offense

Willie is playing like he's not in the game. He needs to wake up and give CD, TMG and T Crock some help.

Back