+++++Oklahoma vs. Little Brother Game Thread+++++

Kruger has been an F grade this year. Never takes TOs to calm his young team. Doesn't put in hot hands. Stagnation of O at end of games every time.

+1. People coddle Kruger because of his resumé and good-guy charm, but can he actually make an adjustment conducing to winning a game for a change? This team is young, so they need the coach's guidance to win games. It isn't like last year where the players put it all out there. It's so frustrating. I'm not mad at the players; I'm mad at the coach.

I still see nothing from Evans that tells me he is an NBA player. He's having a horrible shooting year, and a 5'11'' pg can't get any of those shots off at the rim at the NBA level like he does.

As for the game, not sure what else OU could have done. Hit a bunch of 3's, got nearly 30 points out of Odomes, Buford played great, James was banking in 3's, the calls were going OU's way... Gave it a good shot.

Hint: You could start and end with turnovers and better shot selection in the last few minutes.

Completely disagree with this statement. You've trolled all year though so it's expected
Well when they beat you twice,,home and away..Would make me think they just might be better this year..But feel free to believe what you need to

No fgs last 5 minutes.

Yeah....and a lot of turnovers.

And as good as Doolittle has been in some of the games, I didn't want him shooting threes on two straight trips down the floor.

And we covered....Who thought before the game it would be close????

And as good as Doolittle has been in some of the games, I didn't want him shooting threes on two straight trips down the floor.

Compared to the other garbage we were throwing up? I'll take those shot attempts..

+1. People coddle Kruger because of his resumé and good-guy charm, but can he actually make an adjustment conducing to winning a game for a change? This team is young, so they need the coach's guidance to win games. It isn't like last year where the players put it all out there. It's so frustrating. I'm not mad at the players; I'm mad at the coach.

Bingo!!!

Lon Kruger is one of the worst coaches I've seen at making end of game adjustments. Why that lineup?!? Did Lattin foul out? If not, he should have been in the game. Buford over Doolittle. Go with experience. I just can't believe it. :facepalm

Meh

Dootlittle has been consistently better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep reading this and I want to believe it, but until we make a commitment on the defensive end to play smarter and more disciplined, we are going to have to outscore teams. Also, we still have difficulty doing the "little things" consistently down the stretch. I hope you're right, but I sure as hell need to see it before I believe it. As I said earlier in the season, I don't trust this group until they prove it.

I know everyone is tired of hearing the youth excuse but even the sophomores playing this year played very little if at all last season. This was the first full year of game experience for everyone but lattin and James. A lot of veteran teams in the big 12 as well and that matters. Obviously Kansas reloads and WVU and Texas bring back lots of talent but we bring back everyone and add a top 20 recruiting class with an all American at the most important position on the floor. I think the future is bright.

And we covered....Who thought before the game it would be close????

Post #3.

you people need to consider the fact that there is more to running a program than the immediate win or loss. quit freaking out about wins and losses so much - you sound like fanatics.

I can see your point to a degree. I'm in agreement that young players (no matter how talented they are) need structure, discipline and guidance in order to mold into a quality team. I haven't seen much of that this year....at least from my vantage point. However, in Lon's defense, he isn't out there turning the ball over and not being strong with the ball on rebounds amongst other things.....that's all on the players.

Back