**********Oklahoma vs. Missouri Game Thread************

The last thing we need to be doing is pushing the pace.

Grooms needs to develop a shot.

20 year old kids don't usually learn to shoot at that age. Gottlieb never developed one. We can live with Grooms at point if we're getting good scoring everywhere else. But we aren't.

well, that was ugly.

mizzou won't shoot that well in the second half and we'll tighten up our d, but this one is too far gone

This is not going to get ugly. We're already there!!! :(

I don't think their depth is a problem for us when they only have 7 scholarship players. We are totally missing on the offensive boards which is killing us when our shot selection is about as bad as I've seen this year.....Fitz excepted.

20 year old kids don't usually learn to shoot at that age. Gottlieb never developed one. We can live with Grooms at point if we're getting good scoring everywhere else. But we aren't.

Not when they are laying off him and his man is getting in the way. If they are going to dare you to shoot you have be able to make it.

They dont have to shoot when they can lay it up every drive

Very disappointing.

Not really, this is about what I expected coming in sadly. Missouri is undefeated and ranked in the top 10 for a reason. And we really still don't have enough scoring to keep up with top 10 type teams.

I don't know if they really have more depth. They only have 7 players on their roster. But they are all good players really and give them impact. We need Clark, Neal, Grooms to score more.

You can throw Pledger in there too. 1 for 7 from the field. The "best player on the team" title is slipping away.

Can someone please explain to me why over the past few years we haven't been able to drive to the bucket conistently? I sit and watch game after game where the opposing team drives the lane and gets easy buckets. OU gets them but they are few and far between. Is it our playing style, personnel, or combination of the two? I personally feel that we have some players that can do that (i.e. Pledger, Clark, and grooms). In addition, I bet we only average one slam per game. That is ridiculous. We are playing an undersized mizzou team. Why can't we feed the ball to Osby down low and let him use his body to get close to the rim? Is he not able to do that.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Overall, I am highly impressed with this team and with Kruger. I just wish I had the answers to the above questions.

Back