Orlando Allen

Mr.B!!!

Reaction score
Anyone else hoping that the light comes on for the kid this season in a big way? Sounds iffy as Coach did not seem to please about his conditioning, but still seems like he is better prepared than last season coming in and he got valuable minutes late.

I couple of months ago, there were a few on this board that were convinced that Orlando would be our starting center this year. Capel's comments the other day about him being out of shape and Ryan Wright being in great shape make me think that Wright and Tiny will be the starters and Fitz and Orlando will compete for backup minutes.

I think Orlando will play a little more this year and his production will increase slightly from last year, but I dont see him having a major role since Capel is also trying to find ways to get 4 guards on the floor. That doesn't bode well for a backup post player.

Big O will get plenty of PT if for no other reason then freshman have a tendency to get into foul trouble and so does RW. The weird thing about his out shape comments is that all I had heard leading up to that is that he was in much better shape than last season.

Anyone else hoping that the light comes on for the kid this season in a big way? Sounds iffy as Coach did not seem to please about his conditioning, but still seems like he is better prepared than last season coming in and he got valuable minutes late.

I think his issues are really with defensive awareness and rebounding. If he can be effective on those issues, there will be 3 or 4 opportunities created by WW where he can get catch and dunk opportunities.

Big O needs to step up and be a quality player off the bench. Besides Wright and Tiny, OU is thin inside.

With the exception of Wright, this year OU will never be called "thin" inside ;)

Back