OSU Committ

OUHoosier

Reaction score
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=9433074

Another wing for OSU. Seems like a good player, but I don't understand Ford's recruiting. The 2011, 2012 and 2013 OSU classes break out like this:

PG- 3
SG- 2
SF- 3
PF- 1 (Murphy)
C- 1 (Jurick)

3 straight years of recruiting on only 1 PF and 1 C- talk about unbalanced- it's not like OSU has any post presence on the roster right now. Can someone explain this?

Maybe Ford doesn't like big guys 'cause they make him look smaller. :D

On a serious note, if Clark chooses OSU, as some seem to think he will, the number of point guards will jump to four.

You're right, it's difficult to understand Travis's recruiting philosophy.

You don't have to understand hillbilly's recruiting philosophy. His results speak for themselves.

1 NCAA tournament win at 42 years old. And people complained at Capel. lol

Maybe Ford doesn't like big guys 'cause they make him look smaller. :D

On a serious note, if Clark chooses OSU, as some seem to think he will, the number of point guards will jump to four.

You're right, it's difficult to understand Travis's recruiting philosophy.

The only true point guard we have on the team or that is committed is Kirby Gardner

Re: OSU Commit

The only true point guard we have on the team or that is committed is Kirby Gardner

So does that mean OSU is loaded up with SGs and SFs? Cobbins, Soucek and Jurick are the only true posts OSU has this year?

So does that mean OSU is loaded up with SGs and SFs? Cobbins, Soucek and Jurick are the only true posts OSU has this year?

You forgot murphy who lead the team in rebounds on the spain trip. Also have hammonds committed and have a good shot at Jarrell Martin(top 10 overall)

OSU fans have got to be sick and tired of Ford by now. I'm looking at OSU's roster and with what they have...they could be awesome...if they would start 2 post players at all time. But Williams at 4, and Nash at the 4...etc...when is he going to get it that the odds of succeeding with this lineup in the big 12 is slim to none. Mizzou did last year and thats b/c the big 12 was extremely weak from top to bottom(other than KU and Baylor) and they took advantage of it...and it showed up in the tournament when they went out in the first round.

Any other coach, and you would prolly see a starting lineup of Smart, Brown, Nash, Cobbins, and Jurick. That would give inside and outside presence, rebounding, defense, scoring, and size. The lineup hes going with now is just another bad season in the making.

You forgot murphy who lead the team in rebounds on the spain trip. Also have hammonds committed and have a good shot at Jarrell Martin(top 10 overall)

If he lands Martin or Randle...and he's able to keep Nash and Smart, it may save his job.

The problem is...if he does land one...They most likely be playing the 5 instead of the 4.

Nash will bolt after this season...he isn't staying in college for more than two years.

OSU fans have got to be sick and tired of Ford by now. I'm looking at OSU's roster and with what they have...they could be awesome...if they would start 2 post players at all time. But Williams at 4, and Nash at the 4...etc...when is he going to get it that the odds of succeeding with this lineup in the big 12 is slim to none. Mizzou did last year and thats b/c the big 12 was extremely weak from top to bottom(other than KU and Baylor) and they took advantage of it...and it showed up in the tournament when they went out in the first round.

Any other coach, and you would prolly see a starting lineup of Smart, Brown, Nash, Cobbins, and Jurick. That would give inside and outside presence, rebounding, defense, scoring, and size. The lineup hes going with now is just another bad season in the making.

The biggest weakness since Ford has been hear is point guard play. He struck out with Penn, Dowell, Gulley and Cezar. Penn didnt have a brain, Dowell just wasnt very good, Gulley dealt with shoulder problems(really felt bad for the kid, I think he had surgery on both shoulders while at OSU) and Cezar had to go back to Cali for personal reasons(mother has cancer).

Now we have Marcus Smart who is probably the most college ready guard to come out of high school in the last 10 years. He is the real deal and will play close to 40 minutes a game for us.

If he lands Martin or Randle...and he's able to keep Nash and Smart, it may save his job.

The problem is...if he does land one...They most likely be playing the 5 instead of the 4.

Nash is gone. Smart will likely be at OSU all 4 years but Im basing that off of this interview at the 4:00 minute markhttp://youtu.be/57-F1WZnqU8

Last edited:

Now we have Marcus Smart who is probably the most college ready guard to come out of high school in the last 10 years. He is the real deal and will play close to 40 minutes a game for us.

You gotta love aggies. The 3rd rated guard in this years recruiting class is probably the most college ready guard of the last 10 years and will play the entire game. Derrick Rose, John Wall, etc are nothing next to Marcus Smart.

They always have such realistic expectations. Newsflash, if Smart was that great he wouldn't be heading to play for hillbilly in stillwater.

You gotta love aggies. The 3rd rated guard in this years recruiting class is probably the most college ready guard of the last 10 years and will play the entire game. Derrick Rose, John Wall, etc are nothing next to Marcus Smart.

They always have such realistic expectations. Newsflash, if Smart was that great he wouldn't be heading to play for hillbilly in stillwater.

I thought Smart was related to a former osu player? Maybe that was Nash?

Murphy may be good, but Soucek was horrid last year, Jurick had some moments but is coming off Achilles surgery and is gone next year, and I didn's see a lot from Cobbins, but he's young so he can certainly be a lot better this year.

Cobbins is gone after this year, if Smart is as good as you say, he'll be gone next year too.

Personally, I can't wait to see how osu will counter Fitz/M'Baye/Ro.

Anyone have a idea of what the other Big XII teams are looking like as far as interior presence this year?

I thought Smart was related to a former osu player? Maybe that was Nash?

Murphy may be good, but Soucek was horrid last year, Jurick had some moments but is coming off Achilles surgery and is gone next year, and I didn's see a lot from Cobbins, but he's young so he can certainly be a lot better this year.

Cobbins is gone after this year, if Smart is as good as you say, he'll be gone next year too.

Personally, I can't wait to see how osu will counter Fitz/M'Baye/Ro.

Anyone have a idea of what the other Big XII teams are looking like as far as interior presence this year?

I said Smart was college ready not NBA ready. That interview suggests he'll be here all 4 years

Most of the Big 12 teams have solid post players and will be dominant down low.

Baylor has Austin, Morgan, Jefferson, and Gathers
Kansas still has Withey and they add Ellis
K-St's strengths aren't down low but they have some size
Texas has Holmes, Ridley and a couple other freshmen
And W.V. has Kilicli, Murray and some decent back ups

I said Smart was college ready not NBA ready. That interview suggests he'll be here all 4 years

He sounds like a great kid who has his head on straight, and I'm not suggesting his answers weren't sincere.

But if he's as good as advertised, I wouldn't place too much stock in what he's saying right now. I certainly wouldn't bet the rent money on him playing four years in Stillwater.

The biggest weakness since Ford has been hear is point guard play. He struck out with Penn, Dowell, Gulley and Cezar. Penn didnt have a brain, Dowell just wasnt very good, Gulley dealt with shoulder problems(really felt bad for the kid, I think he had surgery on both shoulders while at OSU) and Cezar had to go back to Cali for personal reasons(mother has cancer).

I totally disagree. You can't start 2 PGs every year and have 2 or more on the bench every season and that be your biggest weakness.

The biggest Weakness is that the Big 12 has size and you can't compete with size with 4 starting guards/wings every season. Keiton Page is playing PG for every team out there except for Ford's OSU team. Obi Muonelo should never play the 4, Moses playing the 5, Roger Franklin playing the 4, Brian Williams playing the 4. This is his 5th season at OSU and he is still going with 4 guard lineups.

The best thing for OSU going forward is that when Ford gets fired after this season, The new coach will be handed a Gold mine. Smart, Brown, Williams, Cobbins, Forte, and maybe even Nash will be returning. If the new coach keeps Butch Pierre on his staff, recruiting wont take a dive.

Not saying Smart isn't ready for college ball (because he is), but MOST?

Come on, you're better than that, we could go all day about college ready guards.

Most of the Big 12 teams have solid post players and will be dominant down low.

Baylor has Austin, Morgan, Jefferson, and Gathers
Kansas still has Withey and they add Ellis
K-St's strengths aren't down low but they have some size
Texas has Holmes, Ridley and a couple other freshmen
And W.V. has Kilicli, Murray and some decent back ups

OU has OSby, M'Baye and Fitzgerald. OU has a very respectable front court this year. I would think our fans would recognize that.

Back