OU @ #11 TCU 7pm CST on ESPN+

Hindsight is 20/20. Moser did an outstanding job building a roster that first year given the circumstances.

Poor Porter inheriting three starters from a team that won a game in the NCAA tournament the year before. If only he had inherited a good roster situation like KSU or ISU.

Honestly, if OU isn’t willing to upgrade the facilities and play NIL to get talent on campus, then it doesn’t really matter who the coach is.

Our fan and player experience is lacking. Everyone else around us, Arkansas, texas, tech, baylor, TCU, ksu, etc, have all invested in their programs while OU has gotten stale. All of those programs have surpassed OU. We have major issues within the program and we continue to ignore them at our peril. Either we decide to compete and get busy or we stop pretending and divert valuable money to other programs that are winning.

Not a perfect analogy, but....

Moser was hired based mainly upon a really good showing in the NCAA tournament.
The Groves Brothers were recruited mainly based upon a really good showing in the NCAA tournament.

Both were kind of a gamble. Could Moser coach and the Groves brothers play consistently at a high level? Like Big 12 high. If they do, then it's awesome. Mid- major dudes stepping it up. But, the downside is that the NCAA tournament performance was the exception not the norm. Now OU is stuck with a mid major coach and mid major players. And it's going to take a while to correct this. But it starts with getting a proven winner as the coach. Where that will come from, I'm not sure. But it's just not Moser.

Poor Porter inheriting three starters from a team that won a game in the NCAA tournament the year before. If only he had inherited a good roster situation like KSU or ISU.

Lol ok

Go back and read the board. People were elated with the job moser did assembling a roster. People were panicking about the state of the roster when moser took over.

That’s all I’m saying. He has done a great job recruiting. He’s done imo a great job in the portal.

Anyone criticizing his portal recruiting is looking at thing unfairly and with hindsight.

But but but ksu and isu!

Honestly, if OU isn’t willing to upgrade the facilities and play NIL to get talent on campus, then it doesn’t really matter who the coach is.

Our fan and player experience is lacking. Everyone else around us, Arkansas, texas, tech, baylor, TCU, ksu, etc, have all invested in their programs while OU has gotten stale. All of those programs have surpassed OU. We have major issues within the program and we continue to ignore them at our peril. Either we decide to compete and get busy or we stop pretending and divert valuable money to other programs that are winning.

You are absolutely correct that $$ needs to be invested for OU bball to truly take that next step.

But, I think most of us would be happy with atleast a .500 conference record and making the NCAA tourney each year. That should be the baseline for OU. And I dont think it's the "program," that is stopping that with Moser.

I mean the team got to go to Europe and play ball this summer. How awesome. Awesome as a learning experience and a recruitment tool. I guarantee that it was 100% covered by the university. So let's not act like the program is just in this horrible shape. Behind some other schools? Sure. But it's good enough to be competitive.

You are absolutely correct that $$ needs to be invested for OU bball to truly take that next step.

But, I think most of us would be happy with atleast a .500 conference record and making the NCAA tourney each year. That should be the baseline for OU. And I dont think it's the "program," that is stopping that with Moser.

I mean the team got to go to Europe and play ball this summer. How awesome. Awesome as a learning experience and a recruitment tool. I guarantee that it was 100% covered by the university. So let's not act like the program is just in this horrible shape. Behind some other schools? Sure. But it's good enough to be competitive.

Our program probably has the least investment in the Big12. Every other program in the Big12 has passed us by. We are looking up at everyone.

The overseas trip is not a recruitment tool. It's an NCAA rule that a college basketball team can take an overseas trip to play overseas competition once every four years. Every major conference program does it. Nothing special done by OU here.

The overseas trip is not a recruitment tool. It's an NCAA rule that a college basketball team can take an overseas trip to play overseas competition once every four years. Every major conference program does it. Nothing special done by OU here.

Those awful teams we played on that trip probably wish they could get another crack at us now.

OU has top tier practice facilities and weight room and all that. The only thing lacking is an arena that isn't old enough to have Elvis perform in it.

Our program probably has the least investment in the Big12. Every other program in the Big12 has passed us by. We are looking up at everyone.

I’m not saying you are wrong but do you have any proof to back it up? Besides the arena itself

Lol ok

Go back and read the board. People were elated with the job moser did assembling a roster. People were panicking about the state of the roster when moser took over.

That’s all I’m saying. He has done a great job recruiting. He’s done imo a great job in the portal.

Anyone criticizing his portal recruiting is looking at thing unfairly and with hindsight.

Who cares if fans were excited? What do most fans (including me) know? Almost nothing, really. We know what we're fed. What we knew about the Groves brothers was one game. What we knew about Goldwire is that he was reputed to be a great defender who wanted to showcase his offensive skills (which proved to be limited). What we knew about Bamasile was his stats, compiled in a significantly less talented conference.

It's entirely understandable if fans take the bait, so to speak, but a coach has to be held to a higher standard. Moser has brought in one top-notch transfer guy--Sherfield--and just now (it may just be a blip) he's not looking quite as good as we hoped. None of the others are/were standouts, however excited fans might have been when they agreed to come to OU.

Who cares if fans were excited? What do most fans (including me) know? Almost nothing, really. We know what we're fed. What we knew about the Groves brothers was one game. What we knew about Goldwire is that he was reputed to be a great defender who wanted to showcase his offensive skills (which proved to be limited). What we knew about Bamasile was his stats, compiled in a significantly less talented conference.

It's entirely understandable if fans take the bait, so to speak, but a coach has to be held to a higher standard. Moser has brought in one top-notch transfer guy--Sherfield--and just now (it may just be a blip) he's not looking quite as good as we hoped. None of the others are/were standouts, however excited fans might have been when they agreed to come to OU.

Excellent post.

It strikes me that Moser’s defenders have now said the following things tonight: he has done a great job in the portal; his high school recruiting is better than we’ve seen in a decade; and he runs a great offense that is efficient and produces lots of open looks. So, in short, he brings in good players and coaches them well. I guess that’s why we are rolling through a second straight great season, then! I’d hate to see what we’d look like or what our record would be if he wasn’t such a great coach.

Excellent post.

It strikes me that Moser’s defenders have now said the following things tonight: he has done a great job in the portal; his high school recruiting is better than we’ve seen in a decade; and he runs a great offense that is efficient and produces lots of open looks. So, in short, he brings in good players and coaches them well. I guess that’s why we are rolling through a second straight great season, then! I’d hate to see what we’d look like or what our record would be if he wasn’t such a great coach.

I'm not going to read every post here, but having a hard time believing anyone said Moser has done a great job in the portal. That has been his biggest weakness so far. Did anyone really say that or are you making things up again?

Moser has nothing to hang his hat on in two years at OU to indicate things will be looking up.

Last year he went on a rant after a loss to TCU about how much more athletic they were. He got less athletic in the off season……

I now see why Bam doesn't play. He hasn't seen the floor in a long while....yet with this chance, he fails to block out on the missed FT and gives up a layup.

It’s hard to get thrown in the game with limited playing time. He should have gotten him, Owen, and Schroeder more prepared.

I'm not going to read every post here, but having a hard time believing anyone said Moser has done a great job in the portal. That has been his biggest weakness so far. Did anyone really say that or are you making things up again?

Why would I lie? It’s been the exact thing one of his biggest defenders has argued in a couple of his most recent posts. And show me somewhere where I have lied about anything before you accuse me of s$$t.

Moser has nothing to hang his hat on in two years at OU to indicate things will be looking up.

Last year he went on a rant after a loss to TCU about how much more athletic they were. He got less athletic in the off season……

umm except for recruiting .. and very very efficient offense

I understand but coach's can't see the future either. The Groves brothers were an outstanding get for OU. Go back and read the commentary from experts too. We don't know all that went into portal recruitments but everyone was very impressed with what Moser did building the roster. That's all I'm saying. To call him terrible in the portal is pretty Ludacris IMO. The portal is very hit or miss. It seems like there is a lot of revisionist history going on. and I get it, we are fans and he is the coach. But still, it is pretty ridiculous some of the takes around here

I said it and it's true. Sometimes the players you get aren't what you hoped for. But with with the situation he was in, he did outstanding building a roster

Back