OU @ #11 TCU 7pm CST on ESPN+

Yes, OU would feast on the bottom half of the league and could pick up a couple of homes wins vs teams like Kentucky, Florida, A&M, Mizzou.

Kenpom Rating:
2. Tennessee
3. Alabama
9. Texas
10. Kansas
12. Iowa St.
13. TCU
14. Baylor

19. Auburn
22. Arkansas
25. KSU
28. WVU

29. Kentucky
37. Ok St
41. Florida
48. Texas A&M
50. Oklahoma
55. Missouri
57. Mississippi State
64. Texas Tech
89. Georgia
93. Vanderbilt
95. Ole Miss
127. LSU
244. South Carolina

Our game against the last place team in that league suggests every game we would play against the bottom of the league would be a toss up. Seems a stretch to say we would feast on them. And because their NETs are so low compared to the Big 12, we’d have to pile up a lot more wins than the 8 that would have gotten the job done in our current league. I have no idea how you can watch us and think we have that in us.

Our game against the last place team in that league suggests every game we would play against the bottom of the league would be a toss up. Seems a stretch to say we would feast on them. And because their NETs are so low compared to the Big 12, we’d have to pile up a lot more wins than the 8 that would have gotten the job done in our current league. I have no idea how you can watch us and think we have that in us.

Using a one game sample size? You're better than that. Our season long sample size would suggest we're better than half of the league

I have no idea how you can watch us and think we have that in us.

well let's take a look

Beat #95 by 4 on road
Lost to #22 by 10 on road
Beat #41 by 9 on the road
Lost to #9 by 1
Lost to #12 by 3
Beat #64 by 5 on the road
Lost to #10 by 4 on the road
Beat #28 by 1
Lost to #37 by 16 on the road
Lost to #14 by 2
Lost to #13 by a bunch on the road

So I think we would be OK against the bottom of the SEC lol

well let's take a look

Beat #95 by 4 on road
Lost to #9 by 1
Lost to #12 by 3
Beat #28 by 1
Lost to #14 by 2
Lost to #13 by a bunch on the road

So I think we would be OK against the bottom of the SEC lol

We have won one road game. Many of the games you list were neutral court games. And we also have regressed in most areas over the past couple weeks. You also omit two of our worst losses from this list.

Of course we could beat the bad teams in the SEC. But we would also lose a handful to them, as well. I bet we would be a road dog to pretty much every team in that league, with maybe a couple exceptions. Even if we won 2/3 of those games, it wouldn't make us a tourney team if we got beat every time we played the top 4 or 5 teams in the league.

We have won one road game. Many of the games you list were neutral court games. And we also have regressed in most areas over the past couple weeks. You also omit two of our worst losses from this list.

Of course we could beat the bad teams in the SEC. But we would also lose a handful to them, as well. I bet we would be a road dog to pretty much every team in that league, with maybe a couple exceptions. Even if we won 2/3 of those games, it wouldn't make us a tourney team if we got beat every time we played the top 4 or 5 teams in the league.

I was only listing the games from the BIg 12 and SEC. If I omitted any of those I apologize. That doesn't change the number of close games we have had against stiff competition. TO think we wouldn't perform pretty well against the bottom half of the SEC is an odd take, which is what was being discussed.

This just isn't realistic in the year of our Lord 2023. If this was 20 years ago, even 10, sure. But with or without a coaching change, how many programs currently have rosters full of guys who have stuck around for four years?

This isn't to excuse Lon for not bringing in better players. But in all likelihood, even if he had signed three or four more good players in those classes, they would likely only have one or two still here. Either way, how well or poorly he recruited wasn't going to determine whether Moser was in position to succeed this year. And if Moser really intends to "build" solely through high school kids the way you believe, then he is taking a huge risk and needs to realize that likely won't work. In the Mo Valley, maybe. Not in the Big 12/SEC.

answering this now in long form on another post ..

our current team would be a tourney team with an sec schedule

The SEC is way more athletic than this roster. Arkansas beat us pretty handily and it appears Bama will beat us even worse. This OU team is a bottom half of the SEC team right now. Moser's offense won't work week in and week out in an athletic conference.

I said it and it's true. Sometimes the players you get aren't what you hoped for. But with with the situation he was in, he did outstanding building a roster

I had been away, so a little late responding. While we were all excited about landing Tanner Groves after his NCAA Tournament game against KU, there was no other player we were thrilled about. In the past class, I'm sure we all thought we would get more out of Joe B...but all in all, the portal has not been kind to us. We basically got one above-average player in two years. I want Coach Moser to succeed, but he has a lot of work ahead. We will lose more to the portal this year, and the third time must be a charm for OU to compete at a higher level next season.

Since I honestly did not think anyone thought Moser had done well in the portal, I do owe WichitaSooner an apology for what I said.

I had been away, so a little late responding. While we were all excited about landing Tanner Groves after his NCAA Tournament game against KU, there was no other player we were thrilled about. In the past class, I'm sure we all thought we would get more out of Joe B...but all in all, the portal has not been kind to us. We basically got one above-average player in two years. I want Coach Moser to succeed, but he has a lot of work ahead. We will lose more to the portal this year, and the third time must be a charm for OU to compete at a higher level next season.

Since I honestly did not think anyone thought Moser had done well in the portal, I do owe WichitaSooner an apology for what I said.

It's very cringe in retrospect, but at the time people were calling him "Portal Moser." :(

It's very cringe in retrospect, but at the time people were calling him "Portal Moser." :(

Exactly. People were try enthusiastic with what he did.
And honestly, last year was not terrible with the amount of talent that left

well let's take a look

Beat #95 by 4 on road
Lost to #9 by 1
Lost to #12 by 3
Beat #28 by 1
Lost to #14 by 2