OU @ #11 TCU 7pm CST on ESPN+

When you play 30+ games in a season...you are going to have a few duds. And tonight certainly qualifies. But unfortunately, it even further magnifies the close losses in games that you had a legitimate chance to win. We didn't have a prayer tonight with the way we started. No need to overreact.

Having said that, I believe it's reasonable to be concerned about the trajectory of the program. Tonight provided us yet another painful dose of reality of our roster deficiencies. I'm not the biggest fan of PM's system and his rigidity/stubbornness is proving to be a liability. As far as the remaining schedule, he needs to find some mix of a lineup that can score while not being a sieve on defense. Candidly, I have my doubts that he will be the answer at OU, but if he can provide something to be optimistic about, then it makes the rough road a little more tolerable.

When you play 30+ games in a season...you are going to have a few duds. And tonight certainly qualifies. But unfortunately, it even further magnifies the close losses in games that you had a legitimate chance to win. We didn't have a prayer tonight with the way we started. No need to overreact.

Having said that, I believe it's reasonable to be concerned about the trajectory of the program. Tonight provided us yet another painful dose of reality of our roster deficiencies. I'm not the biggest fan of PM's system and his rigidity/stubbornness is proving to be a liability. As far as the remaining schedule, he needs to find some mix of a lineup that can score while not being a sieve on defense. Candidly, I have my doubts that he will be the answer at OU, but if he can provide something to be optimistic about, then it makes the rough road a little more tolerable.
No offense, but your comment seems a bit off… just curious, what makes you feel optimistic?

No offense, but your comment seems a bit off… just curious, what makes you feel optimistic?

It’s never as bad as it seems

We do that e a good roster
The thing that concerns me is that he is losing the locker room

This account hits the nail on the head.

OU sees it up close, being in the same conference with K-State and Iowa State.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/low_madness/status/1618083062058979328?s=20&t=nTSzBAC8rP60RxfsTK3jzQ[/TWEET]

he is recruiting better than OU has in over a decade ..

his O produces great look and scores at very high efficiency

i think he needs to increase the pace a bunch .

Okay. Good points. But I have no confidence Moser will up the pace. Recruiting is better but OU has the least athletic roster in the league. How did Tang and Budenholzer (sp) do it so quickly?

Just feels like we will be having the same conversation this time next year.

Is there a difference-maker or 2 or 3 coming? Who on this roster, outside of Hill is a starter on a Big-12 caliber team next year?

You may have misunderstood what I wrote. PM needs to provide something to be optimistic about down the home stretch....or the program is going to sink further. I'm down about the state of the program right now, but I also understand we are in a historically good league....and the way we are built, we have little margin for error because we are pretty much always the underdog.

That's his point, there is nothing to feel optimistic about. Let say Uzan put up like 17, 9, and 4... And Oweh put up 22, 8, and 6.. and we got beat, it would be disappointing. But you'd think, hey, we have some budding stars, something to build around. Add a couple of portal stars, more HS guys and you'd maybe have something next year. But there is absolutely nothing to be positive about, that is the issue. And why they'll probably have 73 people at the next home game including ushers.

It's true, we had a terrible start, but then we got it to single digits with a decent amount of time left in the first half. That should have negated the terrible start--not to say we should have been leading at the half or anything, but we could (and arguably should) have kept it at single digits, perhaps even gotten the deficit down to five or six points.

Instead we trailed by 17 at the half. And we started the second half just as poorly as we did the first, if not worse. We did not score a point in the first seven minutes of the second half.

There are duds and there are embarrassments. Tonight was the latter, as was the second half in Stillwater.

If Notre Dame wants him they can have him, as far as I'm concerned. Some may say we don't want to start over at square one so quickly, but we haven't left square one. I honestly think, if we could get the right guy (and no, I don't pretend to know who that is) that we could see improvement next season (especially if we can hang on to some of our guys, which I know would not be guaranteed). But Moser seems to be utterly clueless about the portal, and the next guy hopefully wouldn't be.

I'm not going to be posting ad nauseam calling for Coach Moser's head and of course, I'll still be watching and cheering for the team, but my wait-and-see attitude toward Moser has come to an end. If he leaves after this season, I'll be fine with it, and if he doesn't, we'd better see a HUGE improvement next season. A night-and-day difference. I turn 65 next month--I might not have time for a seven-year turnaround (which seems to be our current pace) and I certainly don't have the patience for it.

Last edited:
It's true, we had a terrible start, but then we got it to single digits with a decent amount of time left in the first half. That should have negated the terrible start--not to say we should have been leading at the half or anything, but we could (and arguably should) have kept it at single digits, perhaps even gotten the deficit down to five or six points.

Instead we trailed by 17 at the half. And we started the second half just as poorly as we did the first, if not worse. We did not score a point in the first seven minutes of the second half.

There are duds and there are embarrassments. Tonight was the latter, as was the second half in Stillwater.

If Notre Dame wants him they can have him, as far as I'm concerned. Some may say we don't want to start over at square one so quickly, but we haven't left square one. I honestly think, if we could get the right guy (and no, I don't pretend to know who that is) that we could see improvement next season (especially if we can hang on to some of our guys, which I know would not be guaranteed). But Moser seems to be utterly clueless about the portal, and the next guy hopefully wouldn't be.

I'm not going to be posting ad nauseam calling for Coach Moser's head and of course, I'll still be watching and cheering for the team, but my wait-and-see attitude toward Moser has come to an end. If he leaves after this season, I'll be fine with it, and if he doesn't, we'd better see a HUGE improvement next season. A night-and-day difference. I turn 65 next month--I might not have time for a seven-year turnaround (which seems to be our current pace) and I certainly don't have the patience for it.

You’re right on a lot of stuff but how can you call him clueless on the portal? He got the grove brothers (that was a huge thing regardless of how it turned out) and GS?

It’s never as bad as it seems

We do that e a good roster
The thing that concerns me is that he is losing the locker room

I’d agree about the locker room. Turn over could be big… but honestly that might be ok.

I really like Uzan, being a FR he’s done well.

Hill would be another I’d keep if he has eligibility.

GS… I think he’s done, right? Groves brothers goodbye.

Last edited:
You’re right on a lot of stuff but how can you call him clueless on the portal? He got the grove brothers (that was a huge thing regardless of how it turned out) and GS?

Tanner had a final four of us, Texas, Washington State, and Portland. I’d guess Jacob had a similar or worse list. I was excited about them, I’ll be the first to admit it, but let’s not act like we beat out a ton of high majors for them.

I think OU men basketball of today is where the OU football was in the 90's...Like to say different but............

Tanner had a final four of us, Texas, Washington State, and Portland. I’d guess Jacob had a similar or worse list. I was excited about them, I’ll be the first to admit it, but let’s not act like we beat out a ton of high majors for them.

I was excited about them, too. But I think part of our excitement was a product of the NCAA playoff game the brothers had against Kansas.

Because the Groves brothers aren't that good--solid role players but not difference makers. It's ok that we fans were convinced by their big night against KU but a coach shouldn't be so easily sold. Goldwire was so-so. Bamasile is a disaster. Chargois had his moments, especially late in the season, but was not a difference maker. Johnson was a bust. Mawein had little impact and quickly departed. Alston Mason was a recruit, not a transfer, but he was a mistake. And even Sherfield has been erratic in conference play. We beat ISU and Baylor if he scores his average, but he fell way short in both games (4 vs. ISU; 8 vs. BU--he had just 5 tonight, but this game was a lost cause).

I would rank Sherfield as the only true portal win, followed by Chargois and Tanner as solid contributors. Throw in Jacob if you like, but he's very inconsistent.

I was excited about them, too. But I think part of our excitement was a product of the NCAA playoff game the brothers had against Kansas.

Neither Groves brothers start for any other team in the conference.

Because the Groves brothers aren't that good--solid role players but not difference makers. It's ok that we fans were convinced by their big night against KU but a coach shouldn't be so easily sold. Goldwire was so-so. Bamasile is a disaster. Chargois had his moments, especially late in the season, but was not a difference maker. Johnson was a bust. Mawein had little impact and quickly departed. Alston Mason was a recruit, not a transfer, but he was a mistake. And even Sherfield has been erratic in conference play. We beat ISU and Baylor if he scores his average, but he fell way short in both games (4 vs. ISU; 8 vs. BU--he had just 5 tonight, but this game was a lost cause).

I would rank Sherfield as the only true portal win, followed by Chargois and Tanner as solid contributors. Throw in Jacob if you like, but he's very inconsistent.
Hindsight is 20/20. Moser did an outstanding job building a roster that first year given the circumstances.

I think OU men basketball of today is where the OU football was in the 90's...Like to say different but............

I want to argue with you but I really can’t.

Back