OU at TCU

The first half of this game reminded me of watching a jr. high basketball game, it couldn't have been any worst.

The second half was a lot better, the young ladies hustled, shots were going in, until the last few minutes of the game, but over all the second half was good.

Now we are all very disappointed in this years team but this problem started a few years ago when SC refuse to recruit players. I remember when we were so short of players that two young ladies from the Volley Ball team came over to help. For a long time she didn't fill out our bench and I could never figure out why but it has now come back to bite us in the butt. I don't know if basketball scholarship are issued like they are in football, I think the men are allowed 13 scholarship players and I thought the women were allowed 15 but if I'm wrong someone please correct me. The point is SC until this year wouldn't or couldn't fill our her team and therefore we are left with a lot of young inexperience players. The other problem is the lack of height, we will continue to get beat in the post as long as we are "short" and 6'2" is short in the game of basketball.

Last edited:
The first half of this game reminded me of watching a jr. high basketball game, it couldn't have been any worst.

The second half was a lot better, the young ladies hassled, shots were going in, until the last few minutes of the game, but over all the second half was good.

Now we are all very disappointed in this years team but this problem started a few years ago when SC refuse to recruit players. I remember when we were so short of players that two young ladies from the Volley Ball team came over to help. For a long time she didn't fill out our bench and I could never figure out why but it has now come back to bite us in the butt. I don't know if basketball scholarship are issued like they are in football, I think the men are allowed 13 scholarship players and I thought the women were allowed 15 but if I'm wrong someone please correct me. The point is SC until this year wouldn't or couldn't fill our her team and therefore we are left with a lot of young inexperience players. The other problem is the lack of height, we will continue to get beat in the post as long as we are "short" and 6'2" is short in the game of basketball.

Sherri has not had a full allotment of players in years.

I think Sherri should roll with EJ, Madi, Ana, Shay, and Tatum next game out... Mandy is not going to slow down Brown, Sherri might as well go with some height, when Mandy is starting the team has to play some type of saggy man or zone defense, since she gives up so much height inside.... when EJ was on the court the team played man and made a little run...

The second half was a lot better, the young ladies hustled, shots were going in, until the last few minutes of the game, but over all the second half was good.

A related problem is that the way she gets lots of kids one year then can't recruit many for 3 or 4 years, she keeps ending up with a team full of too many young players every couple of years and the problem just repeats.

I also never understood the decision to not bring in enough players a few years back. That still produces problems to this day.

I think Sherri should roll with EJ, Madi, Ana, Shay, and Tatum next game out... Mandy is not going to slow down Brown, Sherri might as well go with some height, when Mandy is starting the team has to play some type of saggy man or zone defense, since she gives up so much height inside.... when EJ was on the court the team played man and made a little run...

I agree! At least EJ has a defensive prescence inside instead of Simpson. If she only had Madi's coordination, she'd be she good! If only if only of only...

I agree! At least EJ has a defensive prescence inside instead of Simpson. If she only had Madi's coordination, she'd be she good! If only if only of only...

Some good points, 06.

I do wish all the players would copy one of the best things Mandy brings to the court. She gives the game all she's got - always going as hard as she can. It's too bad she isn't either 3 inches taller or somewhat faster.

That kid is clearly the smartest and hardest working player on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back