OU in the NIT #1 seed vs MIssouri ST

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
UNT the #2 vs texas st

mississippi st vs virginia the 3 6

4 seed is Colorado against st bonaventure

i like OU's chances to make it to NYC (which is a nice carrot for the players)

Hopefully we get some wins and get the team ready for next year.

Let's get some wins and use a strong finish as a tool to get some studs in the transfer portal

Virginia a 6 in the NIT and Lunardi had them extremely close to the bubble till a few days ago. :)

Just saw Tuesday, 6pm on ESPN for opening round game. Not sure if second round date/time is pre set or not.

Dalen Cuff, 1 of the last good analysts on espn picked OU over Princeton in the final. He mentioned the team is older and felt snubbed. I didn’t listen to any analysts talk about the ncaa tourney because I was too pissed and had to hit the gym. Did anyone mention anything about being snubbed?

Virginia a 6 in the NIT and Lunardi had them extremely close to the bubble till a few days ago. :)

I haven't said much in the lead-up to today's tourney field announcements, but UVA getting in--and with that high a seed shows--the committee was not assessing the ACC for the conference it was this season. Past glories clearly played a part.

[tweet]1503178554762272773[/tweet]

Dalen Cuff, 1 of the last good analysts on espn picked OU over Princeton in the final. He mentioned the team is older and felt snubbed. I didn’t listen to any analysts talk about the ncaa tourney because I was too pissed and had to hit the gym. Did anyone mention anything about being snubbed?

All the analysts I saw said the bracket looks pretty good.

[tweet]1503178554762272773[/tweet]

A more real analysis shows Mo State at 22-10 with a NET ranking of 68. Only played 3 games against Q1 and 23 games against Q3 and Q4. No games played against power conference teams. They shoot the ball REALLY well from the field and beyond the arc and are #4 in FT shooting %. They score the ball almost as well as Kansas. They are dominated in stats by Isaiah Mosley, SG, and Gaige Prim, PF. Mosley went for 40 this year against Loyola.

Better play well on D or this is a game we could be upset if we don't take care of the ball.

Interesting note, I believe Missouri State is in Loyola-Chicago's conference, so Porter and staff should be very familiar with them.

A more real analysis shows Mo State at 22-10 with a NET ranking of 68. Only played 3 games against Q1 and 23 games against Q3 and Q4. No games played against power conference teams. They shoot the ball REALLY well from the field and beyond the arc and are #4 in FT shooting %. They score the ball almost as well as Kansas. They are dominated in stats by Isaiah Mosley, SG, and Gaige Prim, PF. Mosley went for 40 this year against Loyola.

Better play well on D or this is a game we could be upset if we don't take care of the ball.

Interesting note, I believe Missouri State is in Loyola-Chicago's conference, so Porter and staff should be very familiar with them.

thank you for the good info

I haven't said much in the lead-up to today's tourney field announcements, but UVA getting in--and with that high a seed shows--the committee was not assessing the ACC for the conference it was this season. Past glories clearly played a part.

What? UVA seems like a very strong NIT 6 seed to me. They would not be an easy win for us at all.

NIT is always strange to me. I don't feel like I can ever pick the winners with much accuracy.

NIT is always strange to me. I don't feel like I can ever pick the winners with much accuracy.

It's difficult to do so. Teams come out flat because some players act like they want to be there. But then get on the court and don't want to be there.

It's difficult to do so. Teams come out flat because some players act like they want to be there. But then get on the court and don't want to be there.

yep the NIT (early rounds at least) are very much like lower level bowl games players and teams "want to" means an awful lot

Back