>>>>>>>OU-LSU Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-LSU Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

The were over hyping Simmons a bit today. Hield, Cosins and Spangler were all better in my opinion.

He is going to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft, and Buddy has had NUMEROUS games in ESPN's spotlight.

Vitale said plenty of good things about OU and Buddy. Even said he'd be his POY vote today.

On the Cousin's last bucket, it was the same play they had run a couple of minutes earlier, right except the first time he passed the ball to Buddy. Do you think the play is called for Cousins to take the shot or was did he have a choice based on the defense?

He is going to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft, and Buddy has had NUMEROUS games in ESPN's spotlight.

Vitale said plenty of good things about OU and Buddy. Even said he'd be his POY vote today.

He didn't do much. He had a great dunk a nice put back and a couple of other plays. The rest was ver typical basketball. I thoght Quarterman was more impressive.

On the Cousin's last bucket, it was the same play they had run a couple of minutes earlier, right except the first time he passed the ball to Buddy. Do you think the play is called for Cousins to take the shot or was did he have a choice based on the defense?

I would think it is Cousins option.

I would think it is Cousins option.

I thought so too. But watching the replay Buddy broke for the basket/rebound almost immediately. Wasn't really looking for the ball.

Lon said on his post game buddy was a decoy and the play was drawn up for Cousins on the last bucket

Lon said on his post game buddy was a decoy and the play was drawn up for Cousins on the last bucket

Smart move! Lon knew the defenders would collapse on Buddy and leave Isaiah one on one. Cousins got to his favorite spot, and the rest is history.

Smart move! Lon knew the defenders would collapse on Buddy and leave Isaiah one on one. Cousins got to his favorite spot, and the rest is history.

That was actually the 2nd part of Kruger's quote. That it allowed Cousins to get to his favorite spot and hit his shot.

Then Lattin has the huge defensive play to seal the win. What a time to be alive

I can't wait to hear some of the reports from people who were at the game.

I can't wait to hear some of the reports from people who were at the game.

I've already read about reports of their student section throwing ice/cups at our players when they were leaving the floor after the game. Typical swamp trash fanbase....not surprising at all.

Still marveling at that comeback! Boomer! :OUbball-logo: :lon :buddy

As bad as we played for about 30 minutes. Amazing last ten minutes. Buddy is going to win the POY.

Exactly....

For those that complain about us being negative during a game...then don't read. Seriously....so what...we see the game as we do. It's emotion. Coach K gets paid the big bucks to be calm and cool.

I do think they changed the d approach late in first half...just play Simmons straight up mainly.

OU got a little lucky ...missing the fts at the end didn't bite us in the butt.

Big win to come back there...good to see cousins get the winning shot

Exactly....

For those that complain about us being negative during a game...then don't read. Seriously....so what...we see the game as we do. It's emotion. Coach K gets paid the big bucks to be calm and cool.

I do think they changed the d approach late in first half...just play Simmons straight up mainly.

For those that complain about people complaining about you being negative...then don't read.

See how that works?

It's one thing to point out ways in which the Sooners are coming up short in a certain section of the game or even an entire half. It's quite another to light your hair on fire, rend your garments, gnash your teeth, and claim that you've known all along that Cousins has no business playing the 1.

That last bit is a near quote, btw.

We could have two game threads, I guess: one a glass-half-full thread and one a glass-half-empty. It's a suggestion I've been (half-jokingly) making over on the Hale board for many years, so dominant has the negative crowd become over there.

Expressing frustration and disappointment when a game is not going our way is understandable. It's human. Turning on and even trashing the same players who have given us this amazing season is quite another. And giving up in the freaking first half is just laughable (as today's events proved). If ever a group of players and coaches has earned the right to have us show a bit more faith in them, it's this group.

It's one thing to be a reactionary fan when you're in your teens or even your twenties. But if you're 30 or older and you haven't learned a lesson or two about having faith in your team and showing some patience during a bad stretch -- if you haven't learned to view a tough outing or even a loss with a certain amount of perspective -- then something's not clicking. (In saying "you" in the above post, I'm not speaking to or referring to anyone in particular.)

And by the way,we didn't get lucky in overcoming the missed free throws; we played tenaciously enough to overcome them. I'd say LSU got lucky that we missed those free throws, but we played well enough to keep them from taking advantage of those missed FTs.

Like I said, some have a glass-half-full view; others have a glass-half-empty. You say the Sooners were lucky; I say they played well enough and fought hard enough to overcome those late mistakes.

Last edited:
Back