OU vs #9 Texas Tech 8pm CST on ESPNU

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1491116182552059904?s=20&t=9Du860GmCaEn1rGhbKAYpg[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma (13-10, 3-7 Big 12) is slated to host No. 9/9 Texas Tech (18-5, 7-3 Big 12) Wednesday, Feb. 9 at Lloyd Noble Center.

The Sooners last competed Saturday, Feb. 5 at Oklahoma State and fell to the Cowboys in the opening game of the Bedlam series. Tanner Groves tallied a team-high 23 points on 10-for-17 shooting and grabbed nine boards. Elijah Harkless tallied 15 points, six rebounds and a season-high five steals.

Doors to the arena open one hour before tip and the Lloyd Noble Center's clear-bag policy is in effect.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/2/8/mens-basketball-sooners-host-no-9-texas-tech-wednesday.aspx

OU +3 O/U 127.5

Last edited:
Probably going to lose, but I got my ticket and will be there.

Probably going to lose, but I got my ticket and will be there.

Good for you! Can you slap some Tech fans around for me?

I give us about a 5% chance to win. If we do, in the famous words of Yoda, "eat crow I will". I don't expect to have to though.

Pretty shocked that Tech is only favored by 3 right now!

we've won 1 out of the last...8? 9? The next 4/5 games are murderers row.

Pretty sure we'll be well below .500 overall when it's said and done. Def in the b12.

Ironically...isu once one of the few unbeatens and ranked in the top 10 is now last in the b12..(but we aren't far behind)

Still watch and "hope" for a win

This team despite being flawed in many ways can still go out and surprise any team randomly. We had some early season decent wins. I think we are due for another good win at some point..

This team despite being flawed in many ways can still go out and surprise any team randomly. We had some early season decent wins. I think we are due for another good win at some point..

true just not getting any hopes up...lol, that way I'm pleasantly surprised...:woot

true just not getting any hopes up...lol, that way I'm pleasantly surprised...:woot

I have been super disappointed so far, so my hopes are pretty low at this point.

I want to believe Moser is the right hire....help me believe. Give me a win over a top 10 team to help me feel OU made the right hire - please.

I have been super disappointed so far, so my hopes are pretty low at this point.

I want to believe Moser is the right hire....help me believe. Give me a win over a top 10 team to help me feel OU made the right hire - please.

We HAVE beaten 3 Top 15 teams so far this year...don't forget. We are only a 3 point dog, because most people recognize this is still a solid team, who has not been blown out much this year...and has competed well with most all teams we have played so far.

Are we flawed? Absolutely!! But don't forget, this is Porter's FIRST season..and he had to through together a roster the best he could with all the departures. I don't understand how anyone could truly doubt the hire at this point! We need to upgrade talent..and help is on the way. I expect us to add another 1 or 2 scorers...so we'll see.

Pretty shocked that Tech is only favored by 3 right now!

Two of their top players are game time decisions:
Texas Tech: Adonis Arms, game-time decision (upper body)
Texas Tech: Terrence Shannon, game-time decision (knee)

We HAVE beaten 3 Top 15 teams so far this year...don't forget. We are only a 3 point dog, because most people recognize this is still a solid team, who has not been blown out much this year...and has competed well with most all teams we have played so far.

Are we flawed? Absolutely!! But don't forget, this is Porter's FIRST season..and he had to through together a roster the best he could with all the departures. I don't understand how anyone could truly doubt the hire at this point! We need to upgrade talent..and help is on the way. I expect us to add another 1 or 2 scorers...so we'll see.

Except none of those teams are legit top 15 teams. They were teams who got off to good starts against soft schedules, then were exposed pretty quickly when competition ramped up. Tech is far better than any of them. And they also have a first year coach and a lot of transfers … plus, their coach doesn’t have previous head coaching experience.

Not saying we can’t win, but it would be by far our best win.

We HAVE beaten 3 Top 15 teams so far this year...don't forget.
What I'd like to forget is our play of late. Same with the 3 Top 15 teams we defeated.....none of whom are currently ranked.

I'll give Porter plenty of time. But the regression has been difficult to watch.

Except none of those teams are legit top 15 teams. They were teams who got off to good starts against soft schedules, then were exposed pretty quickly when competition ramped up. Tech is far better than any of them. And they also have a first year coach and a lot of transfers … plus, their coach doesn’t have previous head coaching experience.

Not saying we can’t win, but it would be by far our best win.

So what you're saying is...even if we win tonight, we still won't have a top 10 win...because Tech will fall??

That's NOT how the committee looks at it...just a heads up! Although our tourney chances are slim...have to hold serve at home the rest of the way and get 1-2 road wins.

So what you're saying is...even if we win tonight, we still won't have a top 10 win...because Tech will fall??

That's NOT how the committee looks at it...just a heads up! Although our tourney chances are slim...have to hold serve at home the rest of the way and get 1-2 road wins.

^^This.

And by the way, didn't one of those "unlegit" teams were beat just knock off No. 1?

Absolutely wrong. They evaluate quad victories on a day to day basis. When selection Sunday comes around, it doesn’t matter at all what your opponents were ranked when you played them. If Arkansas is a top 50 NET team on 3/13, we get credit for a Q1 win. If not, we don’t. The committee also doesn’t care at all about what the human polls say. They look at NET and other metrics, not polls. And as for Tech, even if we beat them, they will remain firmly in Q1. The three wins you mentioned lost value not because we beat them, but because those teams have all gone in the tank to various degrees. Arky has turned it back around, which helps us if we can win enough games to stay relevant.

My main point, though, isn’t even about who is ranked or rated where. It’s that Tech is a much better team on the floor than anyone we have beaten. We’ve shown we can hang around with elite teams on a couple occasions, but will have to up our game significantly to actually win tonight.

I have faith. OU wins tonight by 5. Let’s go.

Back