*****OU vs. Mount St. Mary's Gameday Thread*****

Both teams trade 3s. Pledger hit another one that's 19 for him 86-63

Pledger gets 21 with along 2.

Gallon with another board, but OU turns it over. MSM misses easy lay up.

MSM gets a block and misses another shot. Tiny Gallon with an ally slam. 18 for him.

Backups are in so play is kind of rough now.

Franklin is on the board Makes his first free throws of the season. 2 points for TJ.

Thanks for all the updates, makes following the game on ESPN gamecast a little more fun

Really sloppy and hard to follow to end the game with all the backups. So the play by play will be tougher.

Sooners turn it over and MSM misses the free throws. Orlando Allen rebounds and a jump ball gives it to MSM. MSM makes a 2 95-71. Sooners inbound and run the clock out. 95-71 OU WINS!

Freaking amazing game by Pledger! I had high expectations for this kid, but he even exceeded them today! Congratulations and good work, Bird!

:jcapel :pledge :clap

OU
Free throws 25-28 for 89.3%, That, I like.
Shooting: 32-71 for 45.1%. OK
Threes: 6 of 16 for 37.5%, improved late. Good.
Pledger 21 points, Warren 11 assists, Gallon 15 rebounds, very nice.

Good to see an improvement in the rebound area! Hopefully that continues to improve!

What I love is how the big man was 6-6 from the line. To have that kind of consistency from the line in your premier post is going to be HUGE over the course of the season.

Freshmen had 64 of the 95 points in 99 minutes played. Also 26 of the 51 rebounds.

Pledger 21 points in 19 minutes. Top 6th man in the conference this year ????

Early and not against Big 12 quality competition but we appear to be very deep this year with the great contributions by the freshmen.

One of the nice things is to have two point guard quality players with the ability to take over a possession and create something off as the clock is running down. That makes the half court game much stronger.

Blake Griffin averaged 22.7 points and 14.4 rebounds a game last year. Tiny is certainly no Blake by any comparison but his 18 and 15 today helps close the gap. Got to stay out of foul trouble.

Back