OU vs Ole Miss 11:40am CST TruTV Cox 760

jaymOU

Reaction score
Many of us are disappointed in how the season turned out and looking forward with optimism or pessimism to next year, but we still have a game Friday and a chance to win and take on a No. 1 seed.

I love OU basketball, so seeing more games is always a plus. :)

So what do we have to do to get there?

For me, it boils down to one thing - scoring. This team reminds me of the Israelites wandering in desert on offense at times as they seem to find long periods of drought, followed by a short oasis of scoring.

I really like how the offense has evolved to run through Doo and he is a tough matchup. I often wonder if the familiarity of the Big 12 opponents make scoring even tougher, but I think we will see early on how this game will go.

Things I will be looking for:

* Is RO aggressive and will Ole Miss let him get to his left-hand early. If he scores in double digits, OU is tough to beat.

*Do Manek and James, and to a much lesser extent Freeman and Calixte, shoot the 3 ball.

*Will Jamal be aggressive getting to the glass?

*And the biggest key, to me, is can Doo force double teams and create open looks out of his post moves/drives for his teammates?

Always fun to watch OU in the Big Dance - regardless, it's where the program belongs every year!

I would assume Ol Miss has done enough scouting by Friday to know that Doo is the main guy...Ro goes LEFT ONLY...Manek is the 3 guy....and when our subs come in they are in better shape.

Now, actually doing what is needed is another thing...it's whether their guys can remember on the floor.

Excited to see another game...

HOPEFULLY JB will be more of offensive threat..opening up shots for Manek and James. Doo can take his man off the high post.

Boomer~

FRIDAY'S GAME BASICS
The Madness of March is here. No. 9-seeded Oklahoma (19-13, 7-11 Big 12) heads to Columbia, S.C. for its 32nd appearance in the NCAA Tournament. Selected as an at-large bid, the Sooners will compete in the South Regional. Oklahoma opens play in the Big Dance on Friday against No. 8-seeded Ole Miss (20-12, 10-8 SEC) inside Colonial Life Arena. The Rebels claimed sixth place in the SEC and also received an at-large bid. If the Sooners win their tournament opener, they will play Sunday against the winner of Friday's contest between No. 1 seed Virginia and No. 16 seed Gardner-Webb for a chance to go to the Sweet 16.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211796449

Nice start. We missed the opening Alley-oop but other than that 2 great looks by Doolittle. 4-0 good guys.

Doolittle unstoppable so far! 4-0 us, TO Ole Miss. Nantz and Raftery calling the game is a treat

Manek with a nice 3 that was well defended. 7-0

They can't defend Doolittle so far. 11-0 OU.

Best start we could ask for. Keep the same intensity all game and this should be a win.

Great start! Moving it well, playing team ball! Keep making them play 1on1 and shooting jumpers.

Calixte in early. Can OU avoid giving up a run with Bienemy out?

just glad LK didn't sub all 3 guys in...1 at a time..1 at a time..

lol...well as soon as I sent that...3 in

Last edited:
I hate to be negative but why are Reynolds, Calixte and McNeace in?

Back