OU vs Sam Houston 7pm CST on ESPN+

Sam Houston won.

Got what we deserved. Moser better figure stuff out quickly because that, folks, is embarrassing. When the same stuff happens over and over again even with roster changes, that falls on the man in charge. That could well turn out to be the Butler game from last season that looks large in March.

That was awful. They 100% deserved to lose. These things happen sometimes, but that is an F- start to the season and this will absolutely hurt them down the road. Horrible all around.

That one’s on coach. Had no answers to their pressure. Unprepared with an offensive plan. Needed to spread the floor and let Sherfield play but keeps mucking things up with motion.

Sam Houston is a big, strong, physical team and solid defensively. This was about 20 turnovers, which seems to be a trend with Moser coached teams and lack of offensive game plan.

They were up double digits most of the second half.

Lol WTH was tanner doing.
What an idiotic decision for a vet.

That’s probably the worst loss since the Capel year when we lost to chaminade. Idk even know what to say.

Looking sadly like last season. Tons of turnovers, blown lead, not executing down the stretch. Not encouraging to see the exact same issues that plagued us for an entire season.

I tried to tell you guys. Don’t buy into the hype that the new guys are going to make a difference. They rarely do

I did expect us to be better. I expect us to not turn the ball over 20+ times every game. I guess that’s just too much to expect from a moser team. Man, this team sucks and there are a LOT of questions about porter moser.

We were picked 7th in the Big12. It looked like 10th place may be more accurate.

That one’s on coach. Had no answers to their pressure. Unprepared with an offensive plan. Needed to spread the floor and let Sherfield play but keeps mucking things up with motion.

Sam Houston is a big, strong, physical team and solid defensively. This was about 20 turnovers, which seems to be a trend with Moser coached teams and lack of offensive game plan.

Over coaching, the O isn’t creating space more the opposite. You brag about a pick & roll point guard than barely use it. Out smarting ourselves, the game is easy don’t make it harder.

Sam Houston won.

I tried to tell you guys. Don’t buy into the hype that the new guys are going to make a difference. They rarely do

You don’t have to tell me, I’m the guy who laughs every year when people talk about depth and act like we have 10 legitimate ballers.

I’ll say it … all of you who bashed me for loving Kruger … how does making the tournament every year sound now? Or having a team that never turns it over and can score more than 50 points against a team picked seventh in a bad league? Our offense is absolutely putrid.

Really though, wasn’t the shot clock off? Why did tanner go to the basket?

Pretty nice of Moser to let us know as early as possible that we don't need to get our hopes up at all for his team in his 2nd year. What a joke. :ez-laugh:

I dearly hope that's our worst offensive performance--not just for this season, but for the next five seasons. Just awful. Jacking up threes early in the possession or scrambling around late in the possession. No one seemed to have a clue what they were doing. One opposing player gets hot and that was enough to beat us.

I'm not going to panic after one godawful game, but Moser and Co. just dug themselves a hole they'd better climb out of quickly. With signing day coming up, who in the world would sign on the dotted line after this performance? They'd better look like an entirely different team on Friday, because we'll be facing a team that lost to TCU in Ft. Worth by a single point.

I've been wait-and-see on Coach Moser from the beginning. Last season did nothing to win me over, but I was trying to be patient. He had better turn it around from this terrible outing and quickly.

Worst offense I have ever seen at OU. Moser needs to go.

No one does this and I don’t know why:

6 second differential on game to shot. If we just dribble up top and launch a high-arcing three at the shot clock buzzer, the game is basically over. Probably takes 2 seconds to get to rim, which leaves 5 seconds or so for Sam Houston to corral the rebound and get it down court for a final heave. If the rebound is tipped or loose for even a second, it is probably then impossible for them to get the ball past half court cleanly.

Welp that’s embarrassing. Be over controlling on defense, he’s got to open up offensively. Still terrible down the stretch & this year with a good offensive pg.

Back