OU vs Sam Houston 7pm CST on ESPN+

Only honest opinion I have is they look about like they have for the last few years.
I thought the Sooners looked very slow or the other is really quick

I missed some parts of the game, but I didn't see much out of Bamisile that made me think we would have fared better if he played more. He looked out of control often to me. I thought the same about Oweh. Uzan looks like the light could come on in time, and we could see a jump in his production. Noland I'm hoping just had an off night, but he really struggled. Someone has to give Sherfield some help eventually.

My other takeaway was the team looked agitated, even when leading. Asst coaches, Moser, and players looked uptight during timeouts, etc. Maybe related to the Brady situation?

Was expecting Bam to get more than 12 minutes. Guarantee he would have gotten the rebound at the 40 second mark that Uzan let get away.

The huddle was brutal all game.. Looks like guys aren't having fun/relaxed.. or they are pissed that they aren't playing.. Not a good look game 1 against one of the weaker opponents we will play.

Uzan- needs to shoot when open.. drives to deep gets into trouble some.
Bam- not sure he's offensively that good.
Jacob Groves- played well, but he needs to be our 6th or 7th best player not our 2nd or 3rd.
Noland - thought looks better/quicker at least.. but brutal last night.
Jalen Hill - needs to possibly be our 6th man.

Hopefully we get Cole and Mack signed on Wednesday. Sheesh we need some good news.

Hill and CJ were complete no shows ...

they both have to play better ...

that said OU had this game won .... really sad to give it away late ..

Sherfield needs to be more selfish on O

Sherfield and the Groves were 12-23 combined 36 points.. 4-10 from 3 8-10 from the line with 19 boards ..

everyone else 4-20 15 points 1-9 from 3 ... 6-10 FF ... 21 boards

other guys have to play better .... and it starts with Hill and CJ .

Last edited:
Maybe it was good that Sam's defense absolutely ate our lunch like they did, cause it ain't getting any easier in the Big 12 obviously. Wake up call.

The huddle was brutal all game.. Looks like guys aren't having fun/relaxed.. or they are pissed that they aren't playing.. Not a good look game 1 against one of the weaker opponents we will play.

Uzan- needs to shoot when open.. drives to deep gets into trouble some.
Bam- not sure he's offensively that good.
Jacob Groves- played well, but he needs to be our 6th or 7th best player not our 2nd or 3rd.
Noland - thought looks better/quicker at least.. but brutal last night.
Jalen Hill - needs to possibly be our 6th man.

Hopefully we get Cole and Mack signed on Wednesday. Sheesh we need some good news.

That's what I thought it was....

It's always tough to assess a player's body language. We've seen players subjected to this in the past on this board, and the appraisals were rarely, if ever, instructive.

To hear Tanner tell it, they were really challenged (and perhaps surprised) by SHU's defense last night--the perceived body language could have been nothing more than fatigue and frustration.

It's always tough to assess a player's body language. We've seen players subjected to this in the past on this board, and the appraisals were rarely, if ever, instructive.

To hear Tanner tell it, they were really challenged (and perhaps surprised) by SHU's defense last night--the perceived body language could have been nothing more than fatigue and frustration.

That's funny, according to Moser SHU's defense is Big 12 caliber and they knew what a tough night they were in for.

And for those wondering why Sherfield was out at key times, he was struggling with cramps most of the second half. Does that sound familiar?

Sheesh!

Back