OU vs South Alabama 7pm CST on ESPN+

I’m not a zone defense guy but all we needed to do was shift to a 2-3 zone and take Moore out of his element.

Offensively we would have looked a lot different if we hit shots. I’m not super worried about that end … if tanner hits 2 of his first 6 or 7 wide open 3s, the big has to come out and guard and sherfield is getting into the teeth of the defense all night.

They dared us to shoot, and we missed everything.

I think I see improving chemistry. I think we will trust all of a 9 man rotation and this team will be way better before conference, but not certain. Last year reminded me just how close pretty good is to mediocre.

I think I see improving chemistry. I think we will trust all of a 9 man rotation and this team will be way better before conference, but not certain. Last year reminded me just how close pretty good is to mediocre.

I agree that what we’re seeing is a team with a higher ceiling and a lower floor than last yeAr. Starting lower but have a chance to get rolling in conference if we can figure out how to hit an outside shot.

My biggest concern is that Moser last night said SA played a weird/unusual offense that made it hard to defend. Uh … that is clearly the church basketball clear out play. We KNEW what they were going to do for 10 straight minutes and refused to make any defensive adjustments to address it.

2-3 zone, trap him and then face guard him to keep the ball out of his hands, 1-3-1

South Alabama was getting pretty much any shot they wanted last night for the vast majority of the game. I don't think we are a very good defensive team. Hill is an enigma to me as well. He had as many turnovers as points (4) and only 5 rebounds. Moore lit us up for 25 points and he was guarded most of the time by Hill. Our center jacked up ten 3 pointers and didn't make one. After you miss the first 4 or 5 why are you still launching them? He's not Steph Curry. If he's going to do that maybe we should play Godwin alongside him to at least stay inside and get rebounds and garbage baskets? I don't know. Moser's substitutions are like hockey line changes. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

I just don't know where the team is right now to be honest. After the game before this one I thought the team was on the right track. It will be interesting to see how they play against Nebraska.

I was saying that I thought our defense has been more consistent over 4 games than our offense.
I thought 1 guy on S Bama could get the shots he wanted, and he was a clear matchup problem for us, but as a team they only scored 27 points in the 2nd half and barely shot over 40% for the game. To my eyes, the inability to hit shots consistently made the game much closer than it should have been more so than consistently poor defense. I'm not saying we are great defensively, and I agree it was frustrating that we didn't make more adjustments on Moore after he got going in their iso scheme, but I still feel like we have been more consistently solid on that side of the ball.

Aside from that, I yelled a lot of the other things you said at the TV myself, just ask my wife.

Back