OU vs South Alabama 7pm CST on ESPN+

Man jalen hill... that TO was charmin soft. Thankful for Jacob's possible game winning block

It's a win, but no identity on offense, all that subbing early, no flow

Huge block by Jacob without fouling. Every win is precious.

x21Xpuo.jpg

sorry if the pic came out large.

One good thing tonight was rebounding and probably why we won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jalen Hill is such a frustrating player for being an upperclassmen. You just can't give up the ball that easily on that last possession. So inconsistent this season.

Never complain about a win, especially for this team. Just hope they can find their way soon as the competition ramps up.

We have got to find ways to keep Godwin in the game. Surely he can play the 4 for a spell, right?

No reason Godwin can’t be on the floor with Tanner. He’s agile and quick enough to guard a three and big enough to guard a four. Porter seems to be locked into a mindset that Sam has to replace Tanner and no one else.

Outside of Sherfield we got nothing consistently from our guards. And none of our inside players are consistent scoring threats. I guess Jacob Groves shows some promise at times and came up big at the end. Still a long ways to go.

No reason Godwin can’t be on the floor with Tanner. He’s agile and quick enough to guard a three and big enough to guard a four. Porter seems to be locked into a mindset that Sam has to replace Tanner and no one else.

i don't think he can guard any of the 3's of 4 we played tonight ..

OU likes to switch 4 spots ... which means the 4 has to also guard 1's and 2's

Godwin is not capable of that

Outside of Sherfield we got nothing consistently from our guards. And none of our inside players are consistent scoring threats. I guess Jacob Groves shows some promise at times and came up big at the end. Still a long ways to go.

Noland has not progressed. Dudes need to find the gym and the gun machine and get some shots up. Woof

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1593807762412081152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1593807762412081152%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=[/TWEET]

We only had 11 turnovers and outrebounded them by 16!

Unfortunately, we couldn’t hit a 3 to save our lives and we continue to do things that prevent us from getting separation. We have some good pieces but we continue to struggle offensively and timely mistakes lead to points for the other team. Gotta get better and clean that up.

Also, is it me or do we have some strange sub patterns early in the games?

Our substitution patters are weird for sure. Get hot make 3 or 4 shots, PM must think you're tired cause you're likely coming out. Against good teams playing both groves and jalen hill at the same time is a recipe for disaster.

Our substitution patters are weird for sure. Get hot make 3 or 4 shots, PM must think you're tired cause you're likely coming out. Against good teams playing both groves and jalen hill at the same time is a recipe for disaster.

Who made 3 or 4 shots then came out?

It did seem like we got deep into the bench early, but I don't remember feeling like we had much offensive momentum to disrupt at that point.

What strikes me is that we seem to be playing decent defense pretty reliably, but I don't feel like we have many good defensive players outside Hill, and Oweh has flashed some in the last couple of games.

On offense, we should have some capable scorers, Grant, Bam, Tanner, but there's a lot of standing around and poor cohesion between players, so we struggle to set up open shots at times. Especially when we get stagnant vs a zone.

As a result, I came into the year feeling like we could score, but not sure if we could defend. Through 4 games, it feels like life is teaching me, once again, that I have no clue!

From an individual perspective, Godwin has been a real surprise. He looks scrappy and smart on the court. I definitely underestimated what he brings. On the other hand, Bam has been very underwhelming so far. He's not a good defender, but maybe he brings some scoring and rebounding at some point.

It will be interesting to see how we stack up against the huskers next week.

It did seem like we got deep into the bench early, but I don't remember feeling like we had much offensive momentum to disrupt at that point.

What strikes me is that we seem to be playing decent defense pretty reliably, but I don't feel like we have many good defensive players outside Hill, and Oweh has flashed some in the last couple of games.

On offense, we should have some capable scorers, Grant, Bam, Tanner, but there's a lot of standing around and poor cohesion between players, so we struggle to set up open shots at times. Especially when we get stagnant vs a zone.

As a result, I came into the year feeling like we could score, but not sure if we could defend. Through 4 games, it feels like life is teaching me, once again, that I have no clue!

From an individual perspective, Godwin has been a real surprise. He looks scrappy and smart on the court. I definitely underestimated what he brings. On the other hand, Bam has been very underwhelming so far. He's not a good defender, but maybe he brings some scoring and rebounding at some point.

It will be interesting to see how we stack up against the huskers next week.

South Alabama was getting pretty much any shot they wanted last night for the vast majority of the game. I don't think we are a very good defensive team. Hill is an enigma to me as well. He had as many turnovers as points (4) and only 5 rebounds. Moore lit us up for 25 points and he was guarded most of the time by Hill. Our center jacked up ten 3 pointers and didn't make one. After you miss the first 4 or 5 why are you still launching them? He's not Steph Curry. If he's going to do that maybe we should play Godwin alongside him to at least stay inside and get rebounds and garbage baskets? I don't know. Moser's substitutions are like hockey line changes. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

I just don't know where the team is right now to be honest. After the game before this one I thought the team was on the right track. It will be interesting to see how they play against Nebraska.

Can't take winning for granted, by any means. But.. Billy Tubbs is probably rolling over in his grave. His teams would have beaten this team like 125-75. I know times are different. It's early in the season, and you see supposed good teams struggling. Last game looked very smooth. But the performance is so choppy. Kind of like the football team, I have no idea what to expect from game to game. Hopefully Moser can start to meld the pieces together. If the offense and flow looks this bad and we're still beating Big 12 teams? I won't mind as much. But the prospect of playing teams like Texas, Kansas, Baylor, etc is downright terrifying right now. Really the only thing we can hang our hats on every night are Sherfield and Godwin off the bench, so far. Rebounding has been OK. I don't mind eeking out these wins against sub par teams, I guess, if we keep getting better. Next weekend will be interesting. I don't think Nebraska is that good. Seton Hall or Memphis might be a step up. The field overall isn't as good as a Battle 4 Atlantis. If we're as good as I hoped we should take all 3. If we take 2 out of 3 but look to be improving, i'd take that I guess.

Back