OU vs Texas Tech 8pm CST on ESPN2

And that is what is maddening to me, b/c that is EXACTLY what PM was supposed to bring to OU. System offense and system defense that create effectiveness based on scheme and team play, even with some talent lacking.

And for the millionth time, I honestly don't believe our overall talent is all that lacking. Yes, we don't have KU's talent, but if you look at rosters like KSU and OSU and a few others, on paper, our talent was better heading into the season. Now that talent underperforms and some of you want to say it's a talent issue. No, that is likely a coaching issue.

Before the season started we kept seeing on the board here, "This is the deepest team we've had in years!" "Our big problem will be there is only one basketball to throw out there for all this talent!"

And I might start a new thread on this later, but exactly what kind of talent does OU expect to land out of the Portal? What higher rated transfers did we miss out on that are having good seasons?

Sherfield was a top 25 transfer.
The Lofton kid from St. Bonny that ended up in Florida isn't doing well.
The big man from St. Bonny that is at ISU is okay, but not a difference maker.
I don't think anybody would argue that Thompson who went from KU to OSU would improve our team much.

Those are some of the bigger names we were after. Most were excited about Joe B. Just curious who we missed on that would have significantly improved our team?

I think the big man from St. Bonny and Thompson would drastically help this team. Giving some of Oweh/Bam/JG minutes to Thompson who can actually shoot/score off the dribble would be immense help. Grant desperately needs another guard that can score to make his job easier. Uzan can be that guy, but it may take an offseason of development. Los shoots the wide open 3s and takes advantage of clear driving lanes, but he's not making something out of nothing yet.

The majority of our defensive struggles are in PnR defense. Osunniyi would help there and allow Moser to play different coverages. We're basically a drop coverage team with Tanner/Godwin, but both are not the necessary rim protector we need.

I've watched just about every game this season from start to finish. One of the most disappointing things to me is that no one on the roster appears to be improving outside of Uzan and maybe Oweh. I really hope they stick around for a few more years but not confident that Moser and his staff can improve/develop their skill sets. I thought Noland would be a quality Big 12 player for us but his game has regressed.

Back