OU vs Texas Tech 8pm CST on ESPN2

I disagree here. We get a lot of open looks. They missed so many wide open shots again tonight, especially in the first half. The offense was working well until the shot. But I will totally agree that the coaching broke down in the final 5 minutes. We had no excuse benching our 2 best players for that long.

Seriously??? You want JB and OO taking 3’s? We get open looks because opposing coaching staffs will give those players those shots all day. If they hit them well so be it

TT did not play well at all and we were at home and should have won this game. PM has lost this team and time to cut our losses now

I dont want to pay the guy unless he negotiates a settlement on his buyout. Look tor cause to fire :ez-roll:

Last edited:
Lol… I’ve gotten over that… but ya I hear ya. The acting all up in the air to press down 8 or 26 with less than a minute gets me. But I just laugh

I would laugh, too, if I wasn’t so embarrassed to see our coach make a fool of himself! It’s sad, really!!!

Moser is easily the worst coach on the Big12 and we are the worst team in the Big12. They have quit. Moser should be fired tonight.

Seriously??? You want JB and OO taking 3’s? We get open looks because opposing coaching staffs will give those players those shots all day. If they hit them well so be it

That is a good point for sure. Generally over the course of the season the offense has been fine in terms of getting open looks imo. The main problem is we don’t have good enough shooters. Losing Mo was devastating. Moser has some NIL now, he needs to nail the portal.

Last edited:
Moser is easily the worst coach on the Big12 and we are the worst team in the Big12. They have quit. Moser should be fired tonight.

I dont think theyve quit. They just arent good and the coaching is non-existent

The truly sad thing about this season is I keep thinking we've hit rock bottom with each ridiculous loss, and we don't. Pathetic.

I'm with ya....unfortunately, we are stuck with this clownshow for at least one more season. We will most likely hit rock bottom next year (hopefully), and then the "powers that be" will be forced to go another direction (hopefully). What a sadsack program we have become. The enablers will continue to provide excuses, but in the end, PM needs to move on for the betterment of OU basketball.

Last edited:
What's the allure that will make portal transfers want to play for OU and PM next season? A chance to finish in the cellar of the Big 12. Do we have a fabulous wine collection down there?

What's the allure that will make portal transfers want to play for OU and PM next season? A chance to finish in the cellar of the Big 12. Do we have a fabulous wine collection down there?

You mean you wouldn’t want to come play for a control freak, in a boring system, and alternate between getting blown out and blowing late leads? Kids should be lining up for the opportunity!

This team lives and dies with Sherfield. When he's on, this team can beat anybody (i.e. Alabama). When he's off like last night (3-13), we can lose to anybody. This team desperately needs another guy that can pick up the scoring slack. Unfortunately, Uzan and others are often off when he's off.

And I might start a new thread on this later, but exactly what kind of talent does OU expect to land out of the Portal? What higher rated transfers did we miss out on that are having good seasons?

Sherfield was a top 25 transfer.
The Lofton kid from St. Bonny that ended up in Florida isn't doing well.
The big man from St. Bonny that is at ISU is okay, but not a difference maker.
I don't think anybody would argue that Thompson who went from KU to OSU would improve our team much.

Those are some of the bigger names we were after. Most were excited about Joe B. Just curious who we missed on that would have significantly improved our team?

. Also, the coaching broke down in the final 5 minutes. We had no excuse benching our 2 best players for that long.

this was a major coaching error ..

i understand trying to get them a quick rest before the under 4 media timeout ..

but once you get to 330 or so with no stoppage you have to call time out and get them back in the game ..

This team lives and dies with Sherfield. When he's on, this team can beat anybody (i.e. Alabama). When he's off like last night (3-13), we can lose to anybody. This team desperately needs another guy that can pick up the scoring slack. Unfortunately, Uzan and others are often off when he's off.

facts ..

Well, Tech is trending in the right direction. They have won 6 of their last 8, including wins over KSU, Texas, LSU, and ISU.

Well, Tech is trending in the right direction. They have won 6 of their last 8, including wins over KSU, Texas, LSU, and ISU.

Since the Big 12/SEC challenge, Tech has played themselves into the bubble while OU has played themselves out of the bubble.

I see a guy on their team... Fardaws Amiq. I guess he just became available to play? Only has 7 games on the year starting in January, but he has been fantastic. Really goes to show the value of one player to a team.

He is averaging 11 points and 7.3 rebounds in his 7 games, all against Big 12 competition.

12/9 against Baylor
14/12 against WVU
12/8 against Texas
12/5 against Texas
19/10 against Oklahoma

You plug in a dude like that and they immediately start winning games.

He is 6'11'' 250 and seems to have turned their season around... Their other 6'11'' dude, Daniel Batcho, averages 8 and 6 on the year.

Since the Big 12/SEC challenge, Tech has played themselves into the bubble while OU has played themselves out of the bubble.

And honestly, Tech was crippled by injuries much of the season. If they have been healthy, they never would have been in as bad a position as they were. We have had zero health issues, yet still managed to sink to the bottom of the league.

So the other team just face-guards Sherfield and we're dead in the water is what you're saying...

If only there was some sort of "coaching" that could defeat this brilliant scheme.

So the other team just face-guards Sherfield and we're dead in the water is what you're saying...

If only there was some sort of "coaching" that could defeat this brilliant scheme.

And that is what is maddening to me, b/c that is EXACTLY what PM was supposed to bring to OU. System offense and system defense that create effectiveness based on scheme and team play, even with some talent lacking.

And for the millionth time, I honestly don't believe our overall talent is all that lacking. Yes, we don't have KU's talent, but if you look at rosters like KSU and OSU and a few others, on paper, our talent was better heading into the season. Now that talent underperforms and some of you want to say it's a talent issue. No, that is likely a coaching issue.

Back