Sunday, December 6

Kansas at UCLA

Arizona at Oklahoma

Wednesday, December 16

Oklahoma State at Stanford

Tuesday, December 22

Texas A&M at Washington

Last edited:
Is Arizona going to be any good next year? I know they're losing three players to the NBA from their Sweet 16 squad.

Probably not, but it's a good name draw to play at home.

Exactly. Down or not, it will be good to see Arizona in the LNC. I bet they're a lot like we were in Capel's first year. If Nic Wise returns, they'll have three starters back from last year's sweet 16 team. Grantd, they lost two their big guns in Horn and Buddinger, but they will have three guards with Sweet 16 experience. I'm betting Wise, a lightning-quick point guard, will probably pull his name out of the draft and will be a nice matchup for TMG.

Jamelle Horn is a nice wing player who started for them last year as a freshman, and Kyle Fogg is a kid who started a lot from them last year as a freshman guard. They also have a kid, Garland Judkins, who we tried to get late last year. Not sure how much of a factor he'll be though.

Rumor is they're also making a run at Lance Stephenson. They also have a four-star wing from Los Angeles, Soloman Hill, coming in, along with a four-star Euro center from the Ukraine, Kyryl Natyazhko, who had offers from Pitt, Xavier, Miami and Florida State.

Sean Miller is a good coach and seems to have a lot of connections, and should sign a serviceable class late. Anyone heard who else they're looking to sign late?

Last edited:
Oklahoma's freshmen will crush the wildcats....they will go through there d-fense like butter on bread..:clap:kelvin

Is Arizona going to be any good next year? I know they're losing three players to the NBA from their Sweet 16 squad.

Is Wise a done deal yet? We will get to see abd's man, Jared Famous! lol

Glad we get this one at home. Arky and Arizona will be two mainstream names coming to the LNC next year.

I think that the Big 12 will do very well in this event next year. Here are my predictions:

2009 BIG 12 / PAC-10 HARDWOOD SERIES

Sunday, November 29

Nebraska at USC

Thursday, December 3

Washington at Texas Tech

USC at Texas

Baylor at Arizona State

Friday, December 4

Colorado at Oregon State

Saturday, December 5

Oregon at Missouri

Iowa State at California

Washington State at Kansas State

Sunday, December 6

Kansas at UCLA

Arizona at Oklahoma

Wednesday, December 16

Oklahoma State at Stanford

Tuesday, December 22

Texas A&M at Washington

OU's Big 12/Pac-10 Series Foe Set
Men's basketball team will host Arizona on Sunday, Dec. 6.

April 27, 2009

NORMAN, Okla. - The Big 12 and Pac-10 Conferences have announced the dates and matchups for the 2009 Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series in men's basketball. Oklahoma will host Arizona on Sunday, Dec. 6 in Norman.

The Sooners are 4-1 all-time against an Arizona program that has competed in 25 consecutive NCAA Tournaments, good for the nation's longest current streak. The Wildcats advanced to the Sweet 16 this past March and finished the season with a 21-14 overall record.

The majority of the games in the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series, which will be in its third year, are scheduled for Dec. 3-6, with three taking place outside the four-day series window. The matchups are new for 2009, after two straight campaigns of the same home-and-away meetings. In 2010, the contests will be return games from this year and take place from December 2-5.

Last season, the two leagues split the Hardwood Series outings, 6-6, with OU edging USC by a 73-72 score in Norman. In all games played between the two conferences during 2008-09, the Big 12 held a 10-7 edge. The Pac-10 holds a 13-11 advantage in the first two years of the Hardwood Series. A season ago, the 12 contests averaged more than 10,000 fans and in two years games from the event have seen 244,029 fans go through the turnstiles.

Additional components of the series, including the start times and television broadcast information, will be announced at a later date.

Back