Peace Out

SoonerBounce13

Reaction score
This site is already miserable enough. It’s taken a big downturn and lost some great posters. It’s about to get worse around here and I’m done with it.
I’ll still support this team but done with the board indefinitely.

I know I won’t be missed by most. I don’t really care. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the board and will look back on it fondly. It was once a rocking place. Now it’s just depressing (and not because of the team)

It has certainly gotten more negative, but no reason to leave permanently. I’ve contributed to the negatively by going after negative posters. This has been a frustrating year. Ou fans are not used to having 2 mediocre seasons in football and basketball.

Take a break my friend.... I've done it a few times.

I don’t get too worked up about it either way. I still enjoy the board. Miss a few old posters, a few others that kind of get an eye-roll from me, but overall, it doesn’t bug me one way or the other. I do think the board somewhat reflects the direction of program and my experience on message boards in all sports says that’s just kind of the way it goes. The program is heading in the wrong direction and the current team seems to be worse from last year and is pretty boring and hard to watch. It’s going to generate frustration, cynicism, anger, etc.

Sorry to see you go but I totally understand it. I have done it myself.

The board is as toxic as I have seen it in a long time and I've been around here a while.

This site is already miserable enough. It’s taken a big downturn and lost some great posters. It’s about to get worse around here and I’m done with it.
I’ll still support this team but done with the board indefinitely.

I know I won’t be missed by most. I don’t really care. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the board and will look back on it fondly. It was once a rocking place. Now it’s just depressing (and not because of the team)

Please stay with us SoonerBounce13. Your posts yesterday on the OUvsOSU game represented a high % of the intelligent posts on that thread. Although that thread was loaded with posts that were highly negative and largely without any redeeming content, the OU@TCU thread was vastly worse.

Unless they just want to up their post count to look important, I see no value in comments that essentially only say “our team is playing like ****”. All watchers can easily see that for themselves. Those posters are only wasting the time of others to read those posts. I’m OK with posts that point out specific faults that may not have been grasped by the general crowd, especially if they include some specific ideas for change/improvements. Those posters who submit posts that provide no enlightenment, encouragement, humor or suggested changes for improvement would make me happy if they kept their worthless and often vulgar/hurtful comments to themselves.

Guess I'm kinda the opposite because the current misery drew me back from a lengthy hiatus. Like they say: "misery loves company".

Last edited:
Please stay with us SoonerBounce13. Your posts yesterday on the OUvsOSU game represented a high % of the intelligent posts on that thread. Although that thread was loaded with posts that were highly negative and largely without any redeeming content, the OU@TCU thread was vastly worse.

Unless they just want to up their post count to look important, I see no value in comments that essentially only say “our team is playing like ****”. All watchers can easily see that for themselves. Those posters are only wasting the time of others to read those posts. I’m OK with posts that point out specific faults that may not have been grasped by the general crowd, especially if they include some specific ideas for change/improvements. Those posters who submit posts that provide no enlightenment, encouragement, humor or suggested changes for improvement would make me happy if they kept their worthless and often vulgar/hurtful comments to themselves.

Very good post, chuck. I guess you noticed your comments pretty much shut down the thread. But we'd both be fooling ourselves if we thought your post made any difference at all.

Very good post, chuck. I guess you noticed your comments pretty much shut down the thread. But we'd both be fooling ourselves if we thought your post made any difference at all.

My expectations for my post were only to encourage SoonerBounce13 to stay on the board and to contrast what his posts were like when compared with the kind of posts that have encouraged him to step off the board. So I am not discouraged by what any potential "enemies" post, nor do I worry whether my posts make an impact. I am too old and life is too short for that.

Don’t blame you.

I looked, this is my 8th post in about the last 2 years. Been a member here for nearly 13 years and generally don’t post much, and my posting rate has only gone down over the years.

Some deluded, tedious and toxic posters on this board make it and have made it downright unreadable at times, for a long time. And it’s only going to get worse after tonight. I’m out too.

Last edited:
Don’t blame you.

I looked, this is my 8th post in about the last 2 years. Been a member here for nearly 13 years and generally don’t post much, and my posting rate has only gone down over the years.

Some deluded, tedious and toxic posters on this board make it and have made it downright unreadable at times, for a long time. And it’s only going to get worse after tonight. I’m out too.

Would someone define "Old Poster" I'm 80 yrs old and have been in and out of this board for a very long time but at my age I forget to check in and I miss a lot. I must meet two requirements for "Old Poster" my age and long time. Just a little humor from an "Old" Sooner who loves his university even in the dark days of basketball. Remember "Never Give Up" this ship is not sinking it's just taking on a little water. There is always the Ladies Team.:ez-laugh:

Rare poster, but long time viewer. Consistent, predictablely negative posters. like wichitasooner, has sent me to other boards. PS I do check in to see if the predictable negative posters are still here.

Would someone define "Old Poster" I'm 80 yrs old and have been in and out of this board for a very long time but at my age I forget to check in and I miss a lot. I must meet two requirements for "Old Poster" my age and long time. Just a little humor from an "Old" Sooner who loves his university even in the dark days of basketball. Remember "Never Give Up" this ship is not sinking it's just taking on a little water. There is always the Ladies Team.:ez-laugh:

I am 79 and have been here reading for decades but without posting until recently. I love the OU women's basketball team since our new coach arrived. Enjoyed your post.

JMO but it's not that serious. You learn to read who/what you want. Disregard what you don't.

I've yet to see a message board that is/was 100% positive all the time.

But I get what some of you are saying. I guess I just tune out what I disagree with lol.

Tough times right now, outside of a few, we all have the same hope/goal; a successful OU basketball program.

Last edited:
Rare poster, but long time viewer. Consistent, predictablely negative posters. like wichitasooner, has sent me to other boards. PS I do check in to see if the predictable negative posters are still here.

Wichita is not a negative poster, so you may not view much. The board goes how the team goes. Right now its terrible. If we were constrained to only posting positive things thered be nothing to post about..

Wichita is not a negative poster, so you may not view much. The board goes how the team goes. Right now its terrible. If we were constrained to only posting positive things thered be nothing to post about..

I appreciate that. I like to think I’m a poster who comments honestly on what I see, good or bad. During the last years with Lon, that led to being called a sunshine pumper. Now, people who don’t like hearing bad things about the program or coach think I’m negative. I guess it would be fair to say my posts have been repetitive this season, but that’s because the product on the floor has been miserable pretty much all season. As you note, if people want to only see positive comments on the board, it may be weeks before we see another post because there is nothing good coming out of the program right now.

I appreciate that. I like to think I’m a poster who comments honestly on what I see, good or bad. During the last years with Lon, that led to being called a sunshine pumper. Now, people who don’t like hearing bad things about the program or coach think I’m negative. I guess it would be fair to say my posts have been repetitive this season, but that’s because the product on the floor has been miserable pretty much all season. As you note, if people want to only see positive comments on the board, it may be weeks before we see another post because there is nothing good coming out of the program right now.

You're a quality poster. We've had our disagreements in the past, but it has always been civil. I don't understand what parallel world some live in that leads them to believe that even the slightest critique is mean/negative. I will never understand that mindset or level of thinking. Message boards have always been a space to discuss the past, current, and future ongoings of the programs. And Ada and now Boulder have always done a good job of running the board. As someone mentioned above, "positivity" directly correlates with the performance of the team. And we've seen the team/program trending in the wrong direction pretty much since Buddy/Isaiah left. I don't think any fan is thrilled at what we've seen. I'm about to turn 50 and in most of my lifetime, OU has been the #2 or #3 program in our conference. And it stings to see how far we've fallen.

Having said that, I'm NOT a fan of absolutely ripping on a kid when they are busting their ass to compete and get better. And TBH, there really isn't much of that type of personal attacks that occur on this board that I've seen. And when it does happen occasionally, those folks are rightfully ridiculed. But IMO, it's perfectly ok to talk about needing to get more athletic, skill, etc. or other ways to improve if we want to compete in this conference. I've maintained that our roster isn't anywhere near where it needs to be.....I don't think that is a particular negative/hot take, but more of a reality of the program's situation. But you're still going to have a handful of posters who are somehow offended at that.:confused:

Back