Porter on with Toby this morning

Sooner Season

Reaction score
He was on KREF this morning. His enthusiasm is infectious. Main points of interest........

Open practice today-they will watch film at 2 and then hit the floor after that. Plans to have several more because "fans have asked him non-stop about it"

When asked who is standing out-of course the 3 returning guys, Hill, Harkless and Gibson but he said with Mason and Noland, the freshman switch has flipped from surviving to competing.

He is tailgating at every home football game and meeting fans. Seems to back up what you see on twitter that he his having the time of his life watching the football team. He's a Bears fan of course so he needed a college team.

The tip off dinner is October 28th and is a chance to meet him and the players and hear Jeff Van Gundy who is a friend of Moser's. Should be a good time if you have $125 to spend to support our favorite team.

When asked who is standing out-of course the 3 returning guys, Hill, Harkless and Gibson but he said with Mason and Noland, the freshman switch has flipped from surviving to competing.

Not that I put a lot of stock in what he is saying publicly right now, but we really need some of the front court players to "stand out". We know what we have in the guards (pretty much). This team's ceiling will likely be determined by how good the Groves brothers, Chargois, and maybe even Mawein are.

Not that I put a lot of stock in what he is saying publicly right now, but we really need some of the front court players to "stand out". We know what we have in the guards (pretty much). This team's ceiling will likely be determined by how good the Groves brothers, Chargois, and maybe even Mawein are.

Groves brothers are going to be very very good.

Thank you for suffering through TJ Perry in order to provide us with this solid recap. It is very much appreciated.

He did mention the Groves brothers and I believe the word he used was "steady" to describe them.

He also mentioned Chargois as being very vocal in practice.

So who’s going to go and give us a report? ;)

the team will scrimmage Minnesota Saturday.

I’m loving coach Moser so far. We need to do our part and show up for the games. The fans need to fill the LNC and get loud for this coach and this program. This could be the start of something special but we as fans need to show up and help make the home game environment something great again.

I’m loving coach Moser so far. We need to do our part and show up for the games. The fans need to fill the LNC and get loud for this coach and this program. This could be the start of something special but we as fans need to show up and help make the home game environment something great again.

Amen. I’d have season tickets if I was there.

The flip side of that is the team needs to take care of business. Nobody expects a conference title or Final 4 this year, but they need to take care of business off the court, play hard on the court, and win some games. If they do that, I think the fan support will be "okay".

Moser has publicly mentioned several times how impressed he is by the Sooner fanbase he sees at football games. I'm sad about the rude awakening that he will encounter when he discovers that fanbase does not translate to basketball season, save for 2-3 potential games a season.

Moser has publicly mentioned several times how impressed he is by the Sooner fanbase he sees at football games. I'm sad about the rude awakening that he will encounter when he discovers that fanbase does not translate to basketball season, save for 2-3 potential games a season.

I hear you, but I'm sure he knows what he's in for.

Sadly, we have a fair weather fan base. He wins they will come. It's the same for football. Whole lot of empty seats in the mid to late 90's in the stadium

Sadly, we have a fair weather fan base. He wins they will come. It's the same for football. Whole lot of empty seats in the mid to late 90's in the stadium

I was actually impressed with how well the football fan base continued to support the team during the dark days of the 90s. There may have been some empty seats at some games but there could have been so many more (and there would have been at many other schools, I'm convinced).

And sadly, winning hasn't made that much difference for basketball. Even during the oft-touted Tubbs era, there were many more empty seats for many games than is commonly acknowledged today. And we were certainly complaining about attendance during Sampson's tenure (and ever since).

Back