Practice starts when?

jaymOU

Reaction score
Anyone know when practice starts. Does Porter have an open door like LK? I would love to get to a practice before a home football game at some point. Be fun to see the new guys.

Started nine days ago. No one has an open door policy like Lon did, but I'll defer to the local experts on whether Moser occasionally holds an open session for the fans.

September 2024
Coming for the 1st 4 football home games.
Will basketball practice be underway and can you walk into LNC and watch?

Loved Lon's open practice policy and went several times a year. I always went prior to the season starting and never had a chance to watch a practice during the season. It was really fun to get to see the team and new kids prior to the year. Lon always had the kids walk around and introduce themselves to the fans watching when practice was over. For me, it really gave me a different feeling about the kids. When you watched the games, you almost felt like you were watching kid play that you knew and liked. Sort of made you feel more invested in the kids. I wish every coach had this policy. But, Wichita is right, I have never seen another coach with Lon's policy. Too bad. Also, one or two of the practices I went to, Lon had recruits on visits in the gym. Got to meet and talk to a couple of those guys and their parents. It was interesting watching Lon and the assistants interact with the recruits while coaching. Really fun and interesting for a casual fan that has never coached.

Loved Lon's open practice policy and went several times a year. I always went prior to the season starting and never had a chance to watch a practice during the season. It was really fun to get to see the team and new kids prior to the year. Lon always had the kids walk around and introduce themselves to the fans watching when practice was over. For me, it really gave me a different feeling about the kids. When you watched the games, you almost felt like you were watching kid play that you knew and liked. Sort of made you feel more invested in the kids. I wish every coach had this policy. But, Wichita is right, I have never seen another coach with Lon's policy. Too bad. Also, one or two of the practices I went to, Lon had recruits on visits in the gym. Got to meet and talk to a couple of those guys and their parents. It was interesting watching Lon and the assistants interact with the recruits while coaching. Really fun and interesting for a casual fan that has never coached.
LK with NIL would’ve been interesting. HOF person with parents trying to get the biggest bag

Anyone know when practice starts. Does Porter have an open door like LK? I would love to get to a practice before a home football game at some point. Be fun to see the new guys.
Kids are out now and will be back I think the 19th? I would call the Renee in the Basketball office after that. The have only been scrimmaging.

Loved Lon's open practice policy and went several times a year.
I only got to go once but I had a great time. Got to meet Lon and several of the players (I had pictures taken with Spangler and with Buddy). It was a treat to see behind the scenes a bit. McNeace was impressive that day and I expected big things from him going forward. Never really panned out that way, alas. But that day is a fun memory. Had I lived in the area, I'd have made it to several practices a year after that.

I thought midnight whatever was in October.

I think people are confused by this thread because the original post was from Oct. 2022. Regular season practices don’t start till late September.

Back