Predict how OU does in Conference 11/18 edition

Sam

Reaction score
Played two games so lets see how this board feels about our boys when they hit the Big 12 play.

at Baylor W
OSU W
Missouri W
at Texas A&M L
at Texas Tech W
Iowa St W
at Nebraska W
Texas L
Texas Tech W
at OSU L
at Colorado W
Kansas St W
at Kansas L
Baylor W
at Texas L
Texas A&M W

11-5 (7-1 at home, 4-4 road)
Good enough for 3rd in the Big 12 IMO.

at Baylor W - they will be out for blood, but I think the streak continues.

OSU W - I feel pretty good about this one. It may be a close game though.

Missouri W - Possible upset if our guys don't come out fired up, but I think we do it. It is WT day at the LNC, so hopefully that will get the crowd fired up enough to help us.

at Texas A&M L - I agree here. Tough place to play coupled with a team that
will get after our guards on D. Might be a swing type game though.

at Texas Tech W - Agreed. They won't get the crowd support needed to help pull off the upset.

Iowa St W - This one is going to be my major swing game. I am leaning towards the W, but I am worried that our crowd won't be there to help pull us through. Hope I am wrong about the crowd.

at Nebraska W - Feel pretty good about this one.

Texas L - A swing type game. The crowd could carry us to victory. We shall see.

Texas Tech W - Feel really good about this one.

at OSU L - I agree Sam. I should be a good game though.

at Colorado W - Feel decent about this one. Glad they don't draw any fans.

Kansas St W - Revenge for two years ago in Norman. Sorry fatty.

at Kansas L - I will be there, and I will probably leave pretty sad.

Baylor W - Feel real good about this one.

at Texas L- Yup.

Texas A&M W - Feel real good about this one on Crocker, Wright, and Gerber's senior night.

I think we lose either Mizzou or ISU at home. So I will go 10-6, but I still think we get 3rd due to having the tie-breaker against KSU. We have a decent shot at 11-5 if a rowdy LNC crowd will be enough to sneak us past Texas at home....

I think OSU and ISU will go 9-7 and round out the top 5 in conference.

put me down for 9-7 based on how they have looked thus far...

obviously i think they are going to improve and compete for that 3rd spot, but if they dont improve an ounce i think it would play out like this...

10-6 conference (win one we shouldn't, lose one we should) and 9 losses overall for the year, as I think we'll take some lumps in the non-conference due to our youth.

That being said, I think our tough schedule early is GREAT for this team, because they'll be tried and tested come conference time.

10-6

I can't wait for thebigabd's scathing review.

9-7

7-1 at home (loss to UT)
2-6 on road (wins at Nebraska and Colorado)

Lol, I have OU in front of Colorado.. OU will finish 6th or 7th, IMO.

Please tell us the conference games that OU will lose that will put them in 7th place in the Big 12. Last year's 7th place team was 9-7. 2008's 7th place team was 7-9.

Please tell us the conference games that OU will lose that will put them in 7th place in the Big 12. Last year's 7th place team was 9-7. 2008's 7th place team was 7-9.

at Baylor W
OSU W
Missouri L
at Texas A&M W
at Texas Tech L
Iowa St W
at Nebraska W
Texas L
Texas Tech W
at OSU L
at Colorado L
Kansas St W
at Kansas L
Baylor W
at Texas L
Texas A&M W

There you have it... 9-7.... 8 or 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Lol, I have OU in front of Colorado.. OU will finish 6th or 7th, IMO.

wow that is really all i can say ... get ready to eat major crow

OU finishes 10-6 at worst ..i think 12-4 is a real possibility

OU will go 9-7 or 10-6, in my opinion.

Why is that not a good year for an OU team relying on so many freshman?

at Baylor W
OSU W
Missouri L
at Texas A&M W
at Texas Tech L
Iowa St W
at Nebraska W
Texas L
Texas Tech W
at OSU L
at Colorado L
Kansas St W
at Kansas L
Baylor W
at Texas L
Texas A&M W

There you have it... 9-7.... 8 or 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

In your Colorado thread yesterday, you have OU beating the Buffs. The win over Texas Southern swung your vote?

And there is way too much talent top to bottom in our league for the 7th place team to go 9-7 this year. Hell, you are predicting Colorado to win 6 games. The 7th place team will go 7-9 (8-8 at best).

So you need to tack on a couple more OU loses. Go ahead and fix it.

OU will go 9-7 or 10-6, in my opinion.

Why is that not a good year for an OU team relying on so many freshman?

10-6? for the 7th place team? Even the 6th place team? Not happening this year.

11-5. Losses at KU, at Texas and three other games, likely road games but I could see OU winning in Stoolwater, College Station, Waco, Lubbock, Lincoln and Boulder (not saying they will win all of those games, I just don't think any of those teams are so strong you pencil in a loss like you do at Kansas and at Texas. I suspect OU is 4-4 on the road and 7-1 at home. Texas or ISU is likely team to win in Norman. They probbly get beat in Stoolwater and then just choke away a game somewhere either by not showing up and getting crushed (think Ames about 5 years ago) or blowing a game they should have won.

And there is way too much talent top to bottom in our league for the 7th place team to go 9-7 this year. Hell, you are predicting Colorado to win 6 games. The 7th place team will go 7-9 (8-8 at best).

So you need to tack on a couple more OU loses. Go ahead and fix it.

There is no way to know how the conference standings will play out, lol... I think OU will finish 6th or 7th and be a 7-9 seed in the NCAA Tournament.. I showed you the games I feel really good about OU winning, and those that I think OU could lose. But this is basketball, they will probably lose 1 or 2 that I said they would win, and win 2 or 3 I said they would lose. Thats the nature of the beast.

You guys can badger me to death but I am not joining the chorus of people who think OU will finish 2nd or 3rd, nor do I appreciate being ambushed in every thread by the Sunshine Brigade for thinking OU will have a solid big 12 year and be a lock for the NCAA Tournament.

At this point saying OU will go 10-6 or 9-7 and be a lock for the tournament is saying OU has a lot of really good young talent. We will know more by January, and predictions will change by then. OU may shock the hell out of me and win most of these tough non-conference games. If they do that everyones predictions will change. If they lose more than folks may like, the other halfs predictions will change.

There is no way to know how the conference standings will play out, lol... I think OU will finish 6th or 7th and be a 7-9 seed in the NCAA Tournament.. I showed you the games I feel really good about OU winning, and those that I think OU could lose. But this is basketball, they will probably lose 1 or 2 that I said they would win, and win 2 or 3 I said they would lose. Thats the nature of the beast.

You guys can badger me to death but I am not joining the chorus of people who think OU will finish 2nd or 3rd, nor do I appreciate being ambushed in every thread by the Sunshine Brigade for thinking OU will have a solid big 12 year and be a lock for the NCAA Tournament.

At this point saying OU will go 10-6 or 9-7 and be a lock for the tournament is saying OU has a lot of really good young talent. We will know more by January, and predictions will change by then. OU may shock the hell out of me and win most of these tough non-conference games. If they do that everyones predictions will change. If they lose more than folks may like, the other halfs predictions will change.

Show me who else they will lose to, to put them at 7-9. Who is badgering you to death? I just want to get your prediction.

Show me who else they will lose to, to put them at 7-9.

Who said they will finish 7-9? I have them at 9-7 or 10-6. I just laid out the game by game predictions for you. Wherever that puts them in the conference is up to other teams, but I did what you asked me to do.

Back