Projected starters next year

NickZepp

Reaction score
Now that we know Willie is coming back who do you think starts next year?

PG-Mason Griffin
SG-Willie Warren
SF-Tony Crocker
PF-Juan Pattillo
C-Keith Gallon

That would be my lineup. Not bad, and will be much better in February than in December.

PG-Mason Griffin
SG-Willie Warren
SF-Tony Crocker
PF-Juan Pattillo
C-Keith Gallon

I think most everyone is on the same page with you, but I have seen some who think Orlando or Ryan could start over Juan. I think it will come down to Tiny. If Tiny comes in as good as advertised, which I think he will, he might be a better fit next to Ryan or O, but it will all come down to the summer and next fall.

I would make one small change

PG-Mason Griffin
SG-Willie Warren
SF-Tony Crocker
PF-Beau Gerber
C-Keith Gallon

PG-Mason Griffin
SG-Willie Warren
SF-Tony Crocker
PF-Juan Pattillo
C-Keith Gallon

This would be my guess.

Big 12 conference play

PG-TMG
SG-WW
SF-Whitney Hand
PF-AF
C-Keith Gallon

Big 12 conference play

PG-TMG
SG-WW
SF-Whitney Hand
PF-AF
C-Keith Gallon

If Fitzgerald does start at any point, my guess is Tiny would play the 4 and Andrew would play 5.

I would make one small change

PG-Mason Griffin
SG-Willie Warren
SF-Tony Crocker
PF-Beau Gerber
C-Keith Gallon

Nice try Beau.

NEways...

PG: Mason Griffin
SG: Willie Warren
SF: Tony Crocker
PF: Juan Patillo
C: Keith Gallon

That's THREE MCDAA's out of 5 in the starting lineup. That's impressive!

Say what you want about Juan Patillo but if he keeps himself in the game (so to speak) and improves in the off-season he will start. I think this year was a huge learning tool for him. He's a guy that could avg double figures and we know how good he is around the rim. It's all up to Juan IMO.

JP needs to improve his game. But he's the best option we have at the 4.

1. TMG 2. Willie Warren 3. Pledger 4. Ray Ray 5. Tiny not the starting lineup but would be fun to watch offensively agaisnt smaller teams.

i say
PG. tmg:clap
SG. Tony :crock600_jpg_xs:
SF. Pledger:clap
PF. Ray:clap
C.gallon:tiny:

I think most everyone is on the same page with you, but I have seen some who think Orlando or Ryan could start over Juan. I think it will come down to Tiny. If Tiny comes in as good as advertised, which I think he will, he might be a better fit next to Ryan or O, but it will all come down to the summer and next fall.

My starting lineup is the same as Nick's and several other posters. But coacht makes a good point about finding the right fit for Tiny, so it may be a toss up to begin the season.

I'm also not ruling out the possibility that Andrew Fitzgerald could earn his way into the starting lineup at some point. Judging by what I've seen of him on video and by the numbers he put up this season, he has a better offensive game than JP or RW, plus he's tough on the boards. Don't be surprised if he puts both veterans on the bench.

PG-Mason Griffin
SG-Willie Warren
SF-Tony Crocker
PF-Juan Pattillo/Ryan Wright (AF later in the season).
C-Keith Gallon

ray has too start, he is the physical part of the team.

I still want Juan off the bench.

+2

I like him giving us energy and explosiveness off the bench. Just because he's a sixth man, doesn't mean he can't average double figures. I actually think it is pretty important to have an impact player come off the bench.

My starting lineup:
TMG
WW
Crock
Wright
Tiny

Yes, Wright did not do so well in his time in the spot light but I don't care. I think he's going to put in the time this summer, like TG did, and improve at least on his offensive and defensive rebounding and he'll find his niche. I think Orlando could be a solid contributor but he's not seen nearly as much playing time. But from what I hear it sounds like he'll also work extremely hard as well and improve.

Those of you willing to bet on AF starting are crazy. He looks like a great player and might contribute, but I look for him to play a minor role this coming season. Stars on rivals are nice, but no match for experience on the court and in a coach's system.

ray has too start, he is the physical part of the team.

You... you, I am beginning to dislike...

...it's just that some people are inherently unfunny. And it's completely okay! But it's really depressing to see you keep trying.

And I really don't like being sad.

You... you, I am beginning to dislike...

...it's just that some people are inherently unfunny. And it's completely okay! But it's really depressing to see you keep trying.

And I really don't like being sad.

sir im thinking that you are begining to like me sir.you keep coming, but that is okay. i'm going to have fun and stay out of trouble.have a nice ou day..:kelvin

G-Mason-Griffin
G-Warren
G-Crocker (3 year starter, I do not think this is going to change)
F-Gallon
C-Wright (Another offseason will do him good)

6th man-JP
others in off bench-Davis, Willis, Pledger,Fitz, and Allen.

I think, along with others, think JP is best off the bench. Maybe after he shows some consistency Capel will give him the starts. Also, Wright should develop a little inside game that should give him the edge to start over JP along with his defensive presence.

I am really interested in seeing the battles over PT between all the bigs other than Gallon. It could be the difference between a 1 and done or Sweet 16 appearance in the tourney. I think our guards are going to be pretty sharp when tourney time rolls around, and it all will depend on the big men up front.

As for the guards, I think WW and TMG will share the PG spot at times, while the other plays as a combo. I really hope Willis develops into the player that Capel talks about, otherwise Pledger may jump him.

It is also scary to think we could go as deep as 11 players, not that it is likely. Finally we have an extra scholly after the probation lifted from the Sampson days.

Back