Scrimmage

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
Anyone know what time it is/was? I’ve already ready a fairly detailed report on Wichita State’s scrimmage today from their beat reporter, but we all know that won’t happen with OU.

Absolutely will but I doubt that happens.

No I know it won't happen, you never see box scores of these things. So please take that as a joke. But, of course if you hear anything else please share.

Impressive we beat them by 7. Under Altman they have recruited well of late and are always athletic. I wonder where they are supposed to finish in the PAC?

Edit: Preseason PAC12 #3. Not bad.

Last edited:
Kind of silly these scrimmages are kept quiet.

Silly because we know why they’re in Vegas! The scrimmage is a smoke screen for a long golfing weekend in warm climate, where the activities, the entertainment and the food are first class. Even better, the schools are picking up the tab.

Nothing wrong with that, really. I object to the silly games they play in trying to keep it a “secret” from fans like us!

Silly because we know why they’re in Vegas! The scrimmage is a smoke screen for a long golfing weekend in warm climate, where the activities, the entertainment and the food are first class. Even better, the schools are picking up the tab.

Nothing wrong with that, really. I object to the silly games they play in trying to keep it a “secret” from fans like us!

It has nothing to do with that. The NCAA won’t allow media or fans or any official reporting on the scrimmages. If we had real basketball beat reporters, plenty of details would leak, including stats and possibly full box scores. Teams use these in place of a second exhibition game against lower level opponents because it is a more effective way of preparing for the season. Hopefully we will gradually learn a bit more, but the details aren’t all that important other than for our curiosity.

Back