Secret Scrimmage vs. Kansas State

Here is what he posted. Burner has hit on many of the same things and trilly touched on a few so I don't feel bad sharing this lol. here you go:

The score ended at 72-63, but the final score makes the game seem closer than it really was. OU led for just three minutes, while Kansas State controlled the game for 35. The Sooners were outscored 38-28 in the first half but edged Kansas State 35-34 in the second half.

—Sam Godwin: 15 points, seven rebounds (five offensive), three turnovers, two steals. He shot 7-11 from the field and 1-1 from three.

—Jadon Jones: 9 points and three rebounds.

—Jalon Moore: 4 points, six rebounds, two turnovers.

—Kobe Elvis: 7 points, five rebounds, two assists, three turnovers.

—Duke Miles: 2 points, two rebounds, two assists, three turnovers.

—Jeremiah Fears: 6 points, four rebounds, five assists, two turnovers.

—Mohamed Wague: 0 points and three rebounds. He shot 0-1 from the field and 0-2 from the free throw line.

—Glenn Taylor: 1 point and two rebounds. He shot 0-2 from the field, both from beyond the arc. Taylor played 15 minutes.

—Jacolb Fredson-Cole: 6 points, seven rebounds, two assists.

—Dayton Forsythe: He was 0-3 from the field in 10 minutes.

—Brycen Goodine: 11 points, two rebounds, one assist, two turnovers.

—Luke Northweather: 2 points and one rebound. He shot 1-1 from the field in 4 minutes.

He did also post all odf the shooting numbers and minutes but I will leave those out so I am not posting it all to here
Thanks for posting. The result of the scrimmage itself is meaningless, but seeing some of these numbers makes me even more convinced this is going to be a loooong season. By chance, did he post how many fouls Wague committed? Something tells me the in-season numbers for him and Forsythe will closely resemble today’s output.

Thanks for posting. The result of the scrimmage itself is meaningless, but seeing some of these numbers makes me even more convinced this is going to be a loooong season. By chance, did he post how many fouls Wague committed? Something tells me the in-season numbers for him and Forsythe will closely resemble today’s output.
Just look at Duke Miles stat line 💀

Hard to really judge from one “secret “ scrimmage. We know Jalon gonna play better than this most games. Guys do have bad shooting games. A lot of new faces are gonna take a few games to gel together. I don’t have very high expectations, but not gonna get too down after one scrimmage. I NEED some hope for this squad, considering how bad our football team is performing. 😂

Hard to really judge from one “secret “ scrimmage. We know Jalon gonna play better than this most games. Guys do have bad shooting games. A lot of new faces are gonna take a few games to gel together. I don’t have very high expectations, but not gonna get too down after one scrimmage. I NEED some hope for this squad, considering how bad our football team is performing. 😂
I hope we don’t have a repeat of 22-23. Football goes 6-6 and bball goes like 15-17 😬😬😬

I am really concerned with Jalon's subpar performance. He will dominate against some of these lesser teams, but how will he perform against better teams? I remember years ago Ace McGee dominated against some teams, but when we played Kansas, he was held to one of nine shooting.

I am really concerned with Jalon's subpar performance. He will dominate against some of these lesser teams, but how will he perform against better teams? I remember years ago Ace McGee dominated against some teams, but when we played Kansas, he was held to one of nine shooting.
I think your concerns are valid. Can he be “the guy” for this team?

From scrimmage #1?

What are you expecting this year from him? He’s not a superstar

I understand what you're saying, but other than Jalon, we have Yaya Keita, Mohamed Wague, and Luke. We don't have a lot of options.

I think your concerns are valid. Can he be “the guy” for this team?
I agree. This is the first time in his career he will go into a season on top of the opposing scouting report, and I’m not sure his game is well rounded enough to be that guy.

Also, I’m trying not to overreact since it’s a scrimmage, but given Moser’s history, it’s noteworthy that he didn’t start Fears. As many times as we have heard that Fears is “different” and clearly better than anyone we have had under Moser, if that is remotely close to true, I will lose my freaking mind if Moser is too stubborn and stupid to start him from day one of the regular season.

Seems to be a bit of a tough crowd here, which I get after a few years of not making the tournament. Count me in that group as well, but not ready to just write the season off based on one secret scrimmage. Let's see the team in person first, perhaps.

Here is what he posted. Burner has hit on many of the same things and trilly touched on a few so I don't feel bad sharing this lol. here you go:

The score ended at 72-63, but the final score makes the game seem closer than it really was. OU led for just three minutes, while Kansas State controlled the game for 35. The Sooners were outscored 38-28 in the first half but edged Kansas State 35-34 in the second half.

—Sam Godwin: 15 points, seven rebounds (five offensive), three turnovers, two steals. He shot 7-11 from the field and 1-1 from three.

—Jadon Jones: 9 points and three rebounds.

—Jalon Moore: 4 points, six rebounds, two turnovers.

—Kobe Elvis: 7 points, five rebounds, two assists, three turnovers.

—Duke Miles: 2 points, two rebounds, two assists, three turnovers.

—Jeremiah Fears: 6 points, four rebounds, five assists, two turnovers.

—Mohamed Wague: 0 points and three rebounds. He shot 0-1 from the field and 0-2 from the free throw line.

—Glenn Taylor: 1 point and two rebounds. He shot 0-2 from the field, both from beyond the arc. Taylor played 15 minutes.

—Jacolb Fredson-Cole: 6 points, seven rebounds, two assists.

—Dayton Forsythe: He was 0-3 from the field in 10 minutes.

—Brycen Goodine: 11 points, two rebounds, one assist, two turnovers.

—Luke Northweather: 2 points and one rebound. He shot 1-1 from the field in 4 minutes.

He did also post all odf the shooting numbers and minutes but I will leave those out so I am not posting it all to here
Rebounding numbers look solid at first glance

For everyone basing our season on one scrimmage, google the KU scrimmage stats. Zeke Mayo 2pts., AJ Storr 0 pts. Pretty good players. Imagine their season stats will be somewhat better. I know we don’t have players like Kansas, but I’ll wait for a couple games before I get too riled. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised? Maybe not.

For everyone basing our season on one scrimmage, google the KU scrimmage stats. Zeke Mayo 2pts., AJ Storr 0 pts. Pretty good players. Imagine their season stats will be somewhat better. I know we don’t have players like Kansas, but I’ll wait for a couple games before I get too riled. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised? Maybe not.
This was their Late Night in the Phog scrimmage, which is basically a glorified pickup game and is at most one half of basketball. I imagine that if those guys put up similar numbers in their actual scrimmages against outside competition, their fans will be a bit worried. But FWIW, I think Storr is going to be somewhat of a role player for them. I don't think Self will look to him as a main scorer.

I’m aware. Storr still shot 0-5. Just saying all the judging after one scrimmage is silly. I’m as ready as anyone else for us to field a competitive team. My expectations are not high this year, but Miles having a poor game doesn’t concern me. When these guys have 2-3 back to back bad games… color me concerned. If this season goes to pot, I imagine changes will be made. I for one am hoping for 20+ wins and a tournament bid. Kinda like Mosers recruiting lately. Guess we will see. Until then, I can’t wait for the season to start.

Not much you can tell from scrimmage result when teams play their entire roster in the scrimmage. Stats are hard to evaluate without knowing the minutes played. But, the stats are interesting and give us something to talk about. I think j moore will be fine. He was a good player last year and looked really good in the internal scrimmage I saw. How good, it is hard to say or ever really know. Like Wichita said, people will be paying more attention to him this year. I think it will be important for moser to establish a good rotation. I think it will be pretty difficult to figure that out, as so many of the kids look about the same. It may take playing all of the perimeter kids in a few games and see who gives him the most production (who are the gamers). Keys to this year might be how much we get out of Wague, and whether Fears is as good as we hope. From what I saw, he looked like he might be elite. And, it will be interesting to see who comes out of the pack of older transfer players and gets minutes.

I think this is great and should be more publicized. I agree with coach that it should be an NIL exhibition and fans should be encouraged to show up. I think it would be good for everyone to be able to show up and donate $5 or whatever to see a scrimmage between 2 D1 teams. Players could also do autographs, teams could sell merch, raise money for both teams NIL. WIN-WIN

Back