so what was the BIG NEWS?

lots of teases going around, people claiming to know what it is and saying people will be very pleased and that it is BIG....at this point im still staying level headed about this until we find out what it is...

lots of teases going around, people claiming to know what it is and saying people will be very pleased and that it is BIG....at this point im still staying level headed about this until we find out what it is...

Same here dude, i don't wanna set myself up for a, that's it!!!

What I am hoping for:

1. New stadium
2. Close in Owen Field
3. Sam can play vs Miami

Hopefully its at least one of them but my hopes arent too high.

What I am hoping for:

1. Found loophole and Blake is back for another year.
2. New Basketball Arena
3. Major upgrade to LNC.

Hopefully its at least one of them but my hopes arent too high.

The timing of this coming during an off-week for football makes me think it's football related.

I still think maybe they are announcing that OF will finally be bowled in, but I must admit, I wish it were something related to basketball. I've been hoping for either a renovation of LNC or a new arena for awhile. A renovation is most likely, and even that is just a pipedream.

I hope this announcement proves me wrong.

I'm fairly certain its something football related. Sorry to burst any bubbles. Think it is upgrades / renovations to Owen Field.

I am all for bowling in the field as that would make the place insane, but its probably just new media level.

I highly doubt they would change the location of the LNC, if anything they need to just strip the guts and redo the seating setup.

Hard to believe that with the present economy and the cost of either bowling in the FB Stadium or performing a major renovation on the LNC it is either of those things. That being said, can I just hope for both? Oh, and for OU to play a year in the Ford Center in hoops while the LNC is being redone?

Back