Steven Pledger...

pnkranger

Reaction score
...please re-gain your confidence quickly. You could have been the difference tonight. Two airballs and 0-5 from deep is mental. Your stroke is beautiful. Let it fly!

...please re-gain your confidence quickly. You could have been the difference tonight. Two airballs and 0-5 from deep is mental. Your stroke is beautiful. Let it fly!

Really tough night for him. Just got to keep on working hard and getting shots up in practice.

He is not a good shooter, he needs to quit shooting the ball and give those 5 shots to someone who has a shot of making them. Also crocker needs to be doing more offensively

9 out of his last 49 3 pt attempts... 18%. :confused:

He is in a HUGE slump. It's obvious Coach Capel knows he can shoot because he keeps putting him in and getting him opportunities, but man...his mind is just fouling up every release.

I agree PNK. Keep working hard Steve. Show us what you can really do. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

He costs us the game tonight, didn't rotate late in the game his guy nails a 3 and he missed a huge wide open shot late in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pledger has good form and has a quick release but he is rushing his shots, like the wide open three he had late in the game.

As John Wooden says, be quick but don't hurry.

Pledger is not ready for Big 12 road

Very disappointed Capel doesn't have someone ready to play on the road in the big 12 to take Pledger's minutes when he is struggling and not ready for the big 12 road. Pledger's play cost us the win tonight. Terrible D late in the game and 0-5 from the field.

He is not a good shooter, he needs to quit shooting the ball and give those 5 shots to someone who has a shot of making them. Also crocker needs to be doing more offensively

Haha, yeah we recruited him because of his defense.
He was key in the win against the pokes.

a lot of reasons why we lost tonight, S Pledgers performance is about 99th on the list. Attacking him makes no sense.

a lot of reasons why we lost tonight, S Pledgers performance is about 99th on the list. Attacking him makes no sense.

I am not attacking him just saying if we had someone else ready to play we win. He is not ready for the Big 12 road and the other team doesn't have to guard him right now. We are playing 4 against 5 when we have the rock.

It's Capel's fault you think Frank Martin has this problem?

He is in a HUGE slump. It's obvious Coach Capel knows he can shoot because he keeps putting him in and getting him opportunities, but man...his mind is just fouling up every release.

It's not just his release. He doesn't always get squared up, and he actually jumps sideways sometimes.

You're right, though, Steven's problem is basically mental. He has lost confidence in his ability to make shots, and it gets worse with every miss. He could have stuck a dagger in ATM's heart if that last three he took had gone in. On a somewhat positive note, most of his shots look good, they're just not falling right now.

It's not just his release. He doesn't always get squared up, and he actually jumps sideways sometimes.

You're right, though, Steven's problem is basically mental. He has lost confidence in his ability to make shots, and it gets worse with every miss. He could have stuck a dagger in ATM's heart if that last three he took had gone in. On a somewhat positive note, most of his shots look good, they're just not falling right now.

It's all mental, he has been shooting that way for years, during the early part of the season he had the same form, they were just going in. If you're Capel, you tell him to just keep shooting, this experience is invaluable as a true freshman.

I agree that if his 3 point shots had gone in late, we probably would have won. His shooting seems a mystery and I guess it is confidence. Maybe he needs to play more?

We need him to stick those open looks. If he isn't hitting shots, then he becomes a liability, IMO. We have seen him shoot lights out at times, and his resume' was all about the long ball. I hope he comes around. He DOES need to keep shooting. That is the only way to come out of a slump.

To the poster that said he isnt a good shooter, please go to another place where you might have some type of knowledge...

I was very dissapointed in him tonight, and even though his stroke is pure and beautiful to watch he is totally psyched out of his shot right now...the airball tells me all i need to know about that...

His role has been increasing because he has become a very steady force off the bench with his defense and smart play, now with playing time hopefully he can regain the confidence to knock down some shots...

The funny thing is, even though i know he is struggling right now, i got super excited on all 3 open looks toward the end of the game last night...just knew he was going to knock them down...

He doesnt get that many looks in a game so i think he is pressing his shot a little, just not as easy to get those off as it was a year ago...it happens to most shooters, once he adjusts they will again fall...and this guy can fill it up...

Pledger got some really good looks, too. He caught the ball in rhythm and squared himself, but the shots just wouldn't fall. He needs to keep firing!

all i know is i was pumped about having him, finally a shooter than can actually shoot and a consistent deep threat, but he's giving me crocker like symptoms, but with all of that being said he is a freshman and what is the best thing about freshmen? they turn into sophomores

Back