Teams to watch for during the selection show

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
The Athletic bracket guy thinks Rutgers, Wyoming, Xavier, A&M (if they lose), ND, and OU may be fighting for four bids, and he mentioned us and Xavier as the two that should be the most worried. We have many of those teams beat by a mile in both NET and Q1/2 wins, so it’ll be disappointing if all of them make it in.

This also really emphasizes how important it is that the Aggies lose, and that Davidson wins.

Sorry for posting this as a new thread, but figured it may be a good idea to narrow it down as much as possible now that we are only a few hours away from learning our fate.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Bracketologist3/status/1503058758280392706[/TWEET]

Davidson and Richmond are tight coming down the stretch. I do find the ATM situation intriguing. We certainly have the edge in most ratings and undoubtedly do in SOS. However, they went .500 in a good conference, have 23 wins, and made it to their tourney final. I think it would be much easier politically for the committee to pick them than us. Not saying it would be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OU
ND
Xavier
Rutgers

Out of that group, OU is head and shoulders above them all. We also have a better resume than Michigan by a mile. And Indiana.

OU should be in.

Ouch. Davidson choke

We certainly have the edge in most ratings and undoubtedly do in SOS.

The only trouble with SOS is that Dibble H.S. could have played our schedule and would have had the same SOS, no wins but a top four SOS.

Ouch. Davidson choke

They look like a team that should be on the bubble with us. Thoroughly unimpressed. No athletes to speak of. Can you imagine them trying to make it through the big12conf schedule? I’m not sure their team would have enough bodies to field a starting 5 by the end of it.

Last edited:
The only trouble with SOS is that Dibble H.S. could have played our schedule and would have had the same SOS, no wins but a top four SOS.

Then they wouldn't be a bubble team. The point is to compare the metrics of similar rated teams on the bubble. If OU has two less wins, but has played a significantly harder schedule, shouldn't they get rewarded for that?

They wouldnt have 10 q1&2 wins, they would have 0, your point is invalid.

West Virginia had the #2 SOS (ou #4) but they aren’t in any discussion for the tournament. Ou has 10 quad 1/2 wins and 3 of our quad 1 wins are top quartile of the quad 1 (baylor neutral court, tech, Arkansas neutral court). Those wins carry more weight than your average quad 1 win.

Back