Terrence Jones

soonerbms

Reaction score
Is he still planning to commit to OU? I remember checking this board about a month ago and a few posters seemed to think he was going to pull the trigger pretty soon. What gives?

Is he still planning to commit to OU? I remember checking this board about a month ago and a few posters seemed to think he was going to pull the trigger pretty soon. What gives?

I don't know if anyone said he would commit to OU? I think the general feeling was that he would only take two trips. Now he's definetely planning on taking all of his trips and maybe two more to AZ and KU.

Terrence jones link with video

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/boysbasketball/

Terrence Jones begins whirlwind tour of recruiting visits
Doug Binder, October 08, 2009 6:06 p.m.

Jefferson basketball standout Terrence Jones still has a lot of choices to sort through prior to the NCAA’s early signing period.

Jones, rated as the No. 13 senior in the country by Scout.com, still has seven schools on his list: Washington, Oregon, Oklahoma, Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona and UCLA, according to high school coach Pat Strickland.

“Terrence wants to sign his letter-of-intent in November but he may be behind the eight-ball a bit because he still has seven schools,” Strickland said.

Jones departed Thursday for his official visit to Oklahoma. Next week, he has scheduled a visit to Washington. The week after that he’ll go to Arizona or Kansas. On Oct. 28, he goes to Kentucky, with an unofficial visit to Oregon three days later. The last visit planned is UCLA on Nov. 6.

The early signing period for high school athletes to sign letters-of-intent is Nov. 11-18.

Meanwhile, Strickland has been trying to build a national-caliber schedule for Jefferson, aiming to showcase Jones and other players on the team.

Jefferson has been invited to play at the prestigious City of Palms Tournament in Florida. And there is also discussion about playing against Kentwood (Wash.), home of Josh Smith, another of the nation’s top players. That game could land on ESPN, Strickland said.

However, Jefferson faces some scheduling challenges in order to make it happen.

Already, the Democrats have games scheduled against Long Beach Poly (Calif.) and Castlemont of Oakland. In addition, Jefferson could play highly ranked teams at the Les Schwab Invitational.

He's a very impressive kid. He's just behind Barnes in my opinion as a kid that we'll see on the next level with a ton of game. Very high basketball IQ.

A few posters were definitely talking like a commit was coming shortly after his visits. It doesn't work that way. OU is still very much in the hunt for T Jones. But he and his mom have said they are taking all his visits. My gut tells me he sticks close to home and goes to Washington. Pure opinion.

Last edited:
Back