Texas is going to kick us

Re: Texas is going to kick the **** out of us

Seriously, asinine is the only word I can use to describe all the talent Rick Barnes has amassed down in Austin. How does he do it?

Do we play our two games against texas tomorrow and Monday? If not, then I think I'll wait and see how we're playing when we actually face them. It's a long season; teams -- especially young ones -- improve.

OU doesn't have any inside guys that can stop Pittman. I never thought I would see him improve as much as he has. Texas is loaded at every positition.

tuck fexas

I can't stand Damion James, and I can't stand Jai Lucas. And I can't stand Texas basketball. Hopefully we can shoot lights out in Norman because we're going to get killed in the paint and on the glass. We need a guy like Damion James to be on our side of the court. It would make all the difference in the world on this team. It just eats me up still how things went down.

I don't understand how we can't at this point have two serviceable big men.

I don't understand how we can't at this point have two serviceable big men.

The million dollar question. I agree, it is sad we were forced into a 4 guard lineup b/c we really don't have any bigs other than Tiny that deserve playing time.

UNC's front court is their strength....Texas whooped them to the tone of 30+ offensive rebounds.

That's crazy.

We will have to shoot lights out to beat them, they're the best team in the Big XII right now IMO based on their depth.

UNC's front court is their strength....Texas whooped them to the tone of 30+ offensive rebounds.

That's crazy.

We will have to shoot lights out to beat them, they're the best team in the Big XII right now IMO based on their depth.

I concur that Texas is the best team in the Big 12.

That's right. We shouldn't even show up to play. We shouldn't even be on the same court with them. Are you kidding me? This is garbage. Our team has a long way to go, but that's why you play the game. We have a shot to beat them. That's all you ask for is the opportunity to play them. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!

That's crazy.

UNC's big men are their strength but they lack strength. :) They have no one to match up with Pittman's size and strength. They are also real young inside and outside. UNC has a lot of talent but are weak physically and play no defense.

UT actually didn't play a good game at all outside of their rebounding. They shot 41% from the field against a terrible defensive team and 31% from 3. They also allowed UNC to shoot 48% from the field and 53% from 3.

That being said, UT really used their depth and athleticism to bother UNC. They were pressuring the ball handler full court a lot of the time. You can tell Barnes really wants to try and wear people down with that pressure.

I think UT has terrific talent but their inexperience and shooting might send them home early in the tourney.

That's right. We shouldn't even show up to play. We shouldn't even be on the same court with them. Are you kidding me? This is garbage. Our team has a long way to go, but that's why you play the game. We have a shot to beat them. That's all you ask for is the opportunity to play them. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!

At no point anyone said that...this is more of a reflection of how good UT is than a knock on OU.

So, my question to you is. You don't think we can improve enough to beat saxet. I really think we can. Just a difference in opinion I guess. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

So, my question to you is. You don't think we can improve enough to beat saxet. I really think we can. Just a difference in opinion I guess. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I don't think we will improve enough to beat them on skill, but we could totally shoot our wad in one game and pull it out. They're a really good team, we are average right now. But hey, that's why you play the game.

So, my question to you is. You don't think we can improve enough to beat saxet.

Since anything can happen in basketball, that is a tough question to answer. Can OU improve enough to have a better than average chance of beating UT in Norman? I don't think so. Attitudes that players have had their entire career aren't going to change overnight. Players that simply aren't very good, those skills aren't going to change overnight. Certain things, certain ineffeciencies that this team has, aren't fixable this year.

Campbest I agree with you. That's all I was saying. We could play hard and maybe beat them. There is always the opportunity. As for your answer tu. Sounds like you have pretty much written our team off, which doesn't surprise me much. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Yeah, I don't see this team matching up with Texas at all. Just not a good matchup.

As for your answer tu. Sounds like you have pretty much written our team off, which doesn't surprise me much. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

As far as being a top 3 team in the Big 12, and having legit Elite 8 or Sweet 16 aspirations?

Sure, I've pretty much written them off. It isn't impossible, but it certainly isn't probable at this point either.

I love how you say I've written them off, when I simply made the point that they won't be good enough to hang with UT, a top 5 team.

OU could beat UT as long as they don't get into a track meet with them like UNC did. To beat UT you need to make it a half court game, don't turn the ball over, and make them hit jump shots to beat you. I don't think that's impossible for OU, it will be difficult, but not impossible by any means.

Back