What Is Your NCAA Tourney Seed Prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we end up being left out tomorrow (I think we're the last team in and headed to Dayton), Porter's seat is going to be hotter than ever. He's going to wish he had taken that DePaul job.

From Lunardi's recent X message, I believe he has us as the last team in. But you can tell he also thinks it's really hard to tell on those last couple of spots.

If we end up being left out tomorrow (I think we're the last team in and headed to Dayton), Porter's seat is going to be hotter than ever. He's going to wish he had taken that DePaul job.
The sad thing is, I don’t even think it’ll be hot. It doesn’t seem like his name ever shows up on any hot seat lists. And if Joe isn’t turning up the heat, it’s really disappointing.

From Lunardi's recent X message, I believe he has us as the last team in. But you can tell he also thinks it's really hard to tell on those last couple of spots.
Agree, he's not the committee but has the loudest voice because the company he works for. Will be interesting to see what happens. Oh, and baseball is 5-0 to start conference play as I type!

I thought it was at 5. Is that when the show starts and then 30 min into it they release bracket?

My bad! It is 5!! Got to edit that, thank you boulder!

And people will act like we should be thrilled if that happens lol.

WS— while I agree with your general assessment of the current state of the team, this rhetoric is where you lose me. It’s fine if people are thrilled that we get in; I’ll be very happy myself and I’ll give Moser at least a smidge of credit for indeed improving enough to make the Tourney. Results matter; and while the edge of the results tomorrow will be razor thin either way, making the Tourney would give them another opportunity to show us something and I’d be happy to get to watch it— even if I’m simultaensouly skeptical about how they’d do.

If we don’t make the real first round, I don’t even consider it making the tourney. It was stupid to expand the field to 68, and it’ll be stupid when they expand even more. So if we get shipped to Dayton and win, THEN it will be reason to feel like this season was a step forward. But if we don’t get in, or get bounced on Tuesday or Wednesday, that will be a wildly disappointing season. This roster isn’t good enough to compete with the top three teams in our league, but it is far too talented to be in this position. The pieces are there, but we crumbled, and injuries has very little to do with it.

But I’m like you. If we get in, I’ll be locked in and hoping we play our first good game in weeks.

I need someone to remind me; I know they place AQ teams from the tiny conferences in Dayton playing for the 16 seeds, but for some reason I’m thinking they generally do NOT do that with AQ from bigger conferences?

Meaning, the winner of UAB/Temple would NOT be shipped to Dayton… neither will NC State or VCU… am I recalling this correctly, or way off? I can’t remember if those Dayton slots are reserved for at-large only.

I need someone to remind me; I know they place AQ teams from the tiny conferences in Dayton playing for the 16 seeds, but for some reason I’m thinking they generally do NOT do that with AQ from bigger conferences?

Meaning, the winner of UAB/Temple would NOT be shipped to Dayton… neither will NC State or VCU… am I recalling this correctly, or way off? I can’t remember if those Dayton slots are reserved for at-large only.
Correct, the other two games are for the last four at-large bids.

I think it can be any team but I'm not sure, maybe it is just the last 4 at large?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back