What Is Your NCAA Tourney Seed Prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaymanFan

Administrator
Reaction score
Since I'm going to assume we're all in agreement that a 20-12 record will put us in the Dance, what is everyone's seed prediction?

I'll go with beating Texas, winning one game in the conference tournament, and then earning a #7 seed.

Since I'm going to assume we're all in agreement that a 20-12 record will put us in the Dance, what is everyone's seed prediction?

I'll go with beating Texas, winning one game in the conference tournament, and then earning a #7 seed.
I think we are a 10 if we lose the next 2 and a 7 if we go 1-2, 6 if we go 2-2.

I hope either 7 or 10. I just think the likely one seeds are clear cut above everyone else this year - Houston, Purdue, Connecticut. I mean we played one of the best offensive games in recent history and couldn't take down Houston.

If we win one more game before Selection Sunday, which I’d consider the most likely scenario, probably a 9.

I hope either 7 or 10. I just think the likely one seeds are clear cut above everyone else this year - Houston, Purdue, Connecticut. I mean we played one of the best offensive games in recent history and couldn't take down Houston.

Yeah, good point. We wouldn't play Houston regardless, but in our two recent 8/9 seeds, we had to play Virginia and Gonzaga in Round Two. Not too many expected us to battle either to the very end. While we were competitive in both games, neither were nail-biters.

Although 10 vs 7 is pretty evenly matched, we have never won a game as a #10 seed - lost in 1996, 1998, 2013 and 2018. We won as a #7 in 1983.

I’m going back to the 2018/2019 season where they won 19 games and went 7-11 in conference. They ended up a 8 seed I think. I’m gonna go with 9 seed. I don’t think they beat Texas. And MAYBE get a win in KC depending on matchup. Which is okay.

It really depends on the injury situation and who can play over the next two games, so I will go with:
win 0 games - 10 seed
win 1 game - 8 or 9
win 2 games - 7 or 8
win 3 games - 7 or even a 6 is a possibility if things fall right.

It really depends on the injury situation and who can play over the next two games, so I will go with:
win 0 games - 10 seed
win 1 game - 8 or 9
win 2 games - 7 or 8
win 3 games - 7 or even a 6 is a possibility if things fall right.
I still believe that this team has enough talent that, with the right coaching plan, could win one more game even with the injuries. Call me crazy.

Currently:

Bracket Matrix: 9 seed (3rd)
Bracketologists: 11 seed (2nd)
Barttorvik: 9 seed (comparison tool has us at 9.9)

Last edited:
FWIW, our NET dropped one spot overnight. I think we need one more win to hold onto a 9, otherwise we likely end up a 10.
I know it’s already been said, but I would prefer a 10 or 11 seed, to a 8 or 9. Obviously, winning several more games and moving our seeding up would be better, but either way would be better than having to play Arizona, UConn or Purdue if we were to advance to the 2nd round.

I know it’s already been said, but I would prefer a 10 or 11 seed, to a 8 or 9. Obviously, winning several more games and moving our seeding up would be better, but either way would be better than having to play Arizona, UConn or Purdue if we were to advance to the 2nd round.
I DEFINITELY would. I've always said the 6-11 line is the best line to be on if you're not a top-5 seed.

I think I saw that Cincy didn’t drop for losing last night. NET is whack
I think that’s because it was a Q1 overtime road loss for them. For us, it was a Q2 game. And the one team that jumped us overnight was Tech, who went on the road and beat OSU into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back