What Is Your NCAA Tourney Seed Prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that’s because it was a Q1 overtime road loss for them. For us, it was a Q2 game. And the one team that jumped us overnight was Tech, who went on the road and beat OSU into oblivion.
I see. No system is perfect but this is the second time OU has won a game and dropped. I just don’t think that should ever be so. Winning should be rewarded or atleast the very least neutral. I guess I’m glad the committee looks at the whole team not just the net.

FWIW, our NET dropped one spot overnight. I think we need one more win to hold onto a 9, otherwise we likely end up a 10.
What also hurt us last night was KSU getting blown out in the Phog....they moved down to a Q-2 win for us from a Q-1. Playing Texas twice in the next week will both be Q-1 games.....really would like to win at least one of those.

On the flip side, Iowa looks like that they are getting their act together. I believe they have moved up to #57 in NET and they play Illinois this weekend and have the Big 10 tournament. That could end up being a Q-1 win before all is said and done. KSU is now at #78 and they have ISU at home on Saturday. A win there (although unlikely) probably vaults them back to a Q-1 win for us.

I think I saw that Cincy didn’t drop for losing last night. NET is whack

I think that’s because it was a Q1 overtime road loss for them. For us, it was a Q2 game. And the one team that jumped us overnight was Tech, who went on the road and beat OSU into oblivion.

The flip side is OU loses to #1 Houston on a last second heart-breaker:

Goes up 1 spot, drops 1 spot the next day.

But good to note the Q2/Q1 difference

I see. No system is perfect but this is the second time OU has won a game and dropped. I just don’t think that should ever be so. Winning should be rewarded or atleast the very least neutral. I guess I’m glad the committee looks at the whole team not just the net.
Not sure if this is right, but think of it as a reshuffling vs dropping. Other teams did more than we did and jumped us

What also hurt us last night was KSU getting blown out in the Phog....they moved down to a Q-2 win for us from a Q-1. Playing Texas twice in the next week will both be Q-1 games.....really would like to win at least one of those.

On the flip side, Iowa looks like that they are getting their act together. I believe they have moved up to #57 in NET and they play Illinois this weekend and have the Big 10 tournament. That could end up being a Q-1 win before all is said and done. KSU is now at #78 and they have ISU at home on Saturday. A win there (although unlikely) probably vaults them back to a Q-1 win for us.
Yep, good point. They had been hanging onto Q1 status by the skin of their teeth for a few weeks but that awful performance cost them (and us). Next year will be big for Tang -- obviously not the follow up they were hoping for. I knew they would take a step back losing Nowell and Johnson, but figured they would still be a tourney team.

Joe Lunardi's latest Bracketology has us as a #10 seed. Even assuming we're not on the bubble, we may need one more win to escape having to play in the "play-in" round just to get to the 64-team field.

That Cincinnati OT win coupled with Javian's buzzer-beater a couple weeks back were beyond huge. If Lunardi is correct with his seeding estimate, we would not have gotten in with a 19-13 record.

Joe Lunardi's latest Bracketology has us as a #10 seed. Even assuming we're not on the bubble, we may need one more win to escape having to play in the "play-in" round just to get to the 64-team field.

That Cincinnati OT win coupled with Javian's buzzer-beater a couple weeks back were beyond huge. If Lunardi is correct with his seeding estimate, we would not have gotten in with a 19-13 record.
his has not been updated since before the Cincinnati game .. his next update is tomorrow ..

but this is his daily and OU is not among the last for byes

his has not been updated since before the Cincinnati game .. his next update is tomorrow ..

Whew...that makes me feel better...a lot better :).

I'm still not giving up hope we can beat Texas. If that happens, we're definitely in play for a 7-seed with a solid conference tournament showing.

We will definitely be a 9 tomorrow. I may have mentioned it in another thread, but we were a #10 and Colorado State was a #9 in his last update, but CSU was actually one of his "last four byes". What that tells me is that we were actually a 9, but got moved to a #10 based on NCAA tournament conference scheduling conflicts (potentially not playing another Big 12 school in the 2nd round, etc.).....I could be wrong though.

I’ve begun to worry just a tad that losing to Texas back to back could maybe put us in some peril. Lose Saturday and we probably stay a 9, but could definitely slip to a 10 in more brackets. Lose again in KC and I wonder if we could slip to the last four in/play in or maybe even out in some brackets.

I’ve begun to worry just a tad that losing to Texas back to back could maybe put us in some peril. Lose Saturday and we probably stay a 9, but could definitely slip to a 10 in more brackets. Lose again in KC and I wonder if we could slip to the last four in/play in or maybe even out in some brackets.
I understand your concern. I think a loss, loss will put OU squarely in the 10 seed area. I would highly doubt a 20 win Big 12 team would be in a play in game.

2018-2019’s team won 19 games overall and 7 in conference. They were an eight seed.

It’s definitely noteworthy that ESPN, for one, hasn’t moved us to lock status. They still have us in the “should be in” category. Since both remaining games will be Q1, I would hope we aren’t in jeopardy of missing, but the play-in might not be out of the question.

It’s definitely noteworthy that ESPN, for one, hasn’t moved us to lock status. They still have us in the “should be in” category. Since both remaining games will be Q1, I would hope we aren’t in jeopardy of missing, but the play-in might not be out of the question.
that guy (at it is just 1 guy) has us right on the edge of Lock status ...

We will definitely be a 9 tomorrow. I may have mentioned it in another thread, but we were a #10 and Colorado State was a #9 in his last update, but CSU was actually one of his "last four byes". What that tells me is that we were actually a 9, but got moved to a #10 based on NCAA tournament conference scheduling conflicts (potentially not playing another Big 12 school in the 2nd round, etc.).....I could be wrong though.
new update posted and OU is back at a 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back