***The Official all things Blake "Beast" Griffin Thread***

Teamp

Reaction score
B Griffin / NBA Debut

TNT ( Oct.27th) 8:30pm Blake makes his NBA debut, Clippers vs Lakers.
Ok, lets list what his production will be?

Rebounds 8
Assists 3
Fouls 3
Minutes played 27

What do think will he have a triple double, any comments?

Re: B Griffin / NBA Debut

Rebounds 8
Assists 3
Fouls 3
Minutes played 27

A triple double? LOL. I think you meant double-double. I could see him getting a double-double, though i think we've seen it's much harder to rebound in the NBA than in college because things are so much more spread out.

I think 15 and 8 is a good projection in 27 minutes, I think if he plays more minutes his rebounds could definitely go up.

Re: B Griffin / NBA Debut

Rebounds 8
Assists 3
Fouls 3
Minutes played 27

Welcome to the board, Teamp!

As for predictions, I will go with:

Rebounds:10
Assists: 2
Fouls: 4
Minutes: 28

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals,

I thought it would be good to keep all the Blake things together so that we could keep up with his rookie season with the Clips. Feel free to post stats, pics, and video.

Go Blake Go!

My prediction:

33 minutes
21 points
11 rebounds
2 blocks
4 assists
6 turnovers

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaxgMY9_dWk&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaxgMY9_dWk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpP_Q-vEfk&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpP_Q-vEfk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRzi3pjQ61o&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRzi3pjQ61o&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Son of a #$*#*@*

Clippers update: Blake Griffin injured
October 25, 2009 | 12:47 pm

The monster dunk Blake Griffin threw down late in the third quarter against the Hornets on Friday night had unwelcome repercussions for the rookie -- and, by extension, the Clippers.

He hurt his left knee on the play and his status for the season opener against the Lakers on Tuesday is in question, considered day to day.

Griffin did not practice today, nor did point guard Baron Davis (bruised right foot). Davis is expected to play against the Lakers. Marcus Camby (sprained ankle) did practice and could possibly get some minutes in the opener.

What is ominous for the Clippers is that this was the same knee Griffin hurt several days before training camp. He winced after coming down on the dunk, which came with just under four minutes left in the quarter, and immediately appeared to be in pain but kept on playing.

Griffin had treatment on the knee after practice and will be examined by the team doctor Monday.

"There is some swelling in there, so we'll see what happens," Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy said.

-- Lisa Dillman

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/10/clipper-update-griffin-injured.html

I don't know if talking about the Clippers is "allowed" on this thread, but the Clippers are a better team tonight with Telfair running the team as opposed to Baron Davis.

Oh, and Blake is nicely dressed.

Watching Blake on the sidelines in his suit is painful.

Taylor's Sun's just beat Blake's Clippers with neither Griffin suiting up.

Here is more info on blake's injury and the progress!

Ask Eric Pincus - October 29, 2009

Thursday, Oct 29

HoopsWorld Senior Writer Eric Pincus has been covering the Clippers on HoopsWorld.com since 2003.

Every Thursday throughout the 2009-10 season, Pincus will be answering your questions about the Clippers on myClipper NATION.

To submit a question, send an e-mail to epincus@hoopsworld.com. Be sure to include your name and hometown in the email, then check back each Thursday for his answers.

Follow Eric Pincus on Twitter @EricPincus or chat with him online every Tuesday afternoons online at HoopsWorld.com.

Please note: Mr. Pincus' thoughts and opinions are his and his alone. In no way do they necessarily reflect those of the Los Angeles Clippers organization. (But we listen to him anyway because he's a citizen of Clipper Nation.)

--------------------------------------------------

Now that the season has finally started, we've got plenty to talk about. Let's get right to it!

Why are the Clippers 0-2?

Jeramie, Seattle

Eric Pincus: Well the obvious answer is that they lost their first two games. The deeper question is why? In both games they played hard and were competitive. Obviously the Los Angeles Lakers are considered one of the best teams in the NBA. The Clippers came back a few times from double-digit leads but just couldn't close out the win.

In the game against the Lakers, I look at the disparity between free throw attempts with 37 to the Lakers and 16 to the Clippers. I would say the Clips played well defensively overall but struggled to keep both Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum off the line.

Offensively the Clippers didn't drive into the paint as often as they need to - that's how you rack up free throw attempts. Turnovers were also a huge issue against the Lakers.

They did a better job against the Phoenix Suns with both teams getting 27 attempts but the Clippers missed 12. That's just giving the game away! LA was also out-rebounded 36-35 against a Suns team they should dominate on the glass.

We can point at various stats, blunders, missed free throws, etc. I think bigger picture, the Clippers need to develop closing chemistry. It takes some time to find the right combination of players who can execute effectively at the end of games.

So many contests are determined in the final couple of minutes. It's imperative the Clippers find a finishing unit. That could be the difference between 10-20 wins in the final tally.

What are the chances of Blake Griffin returning before the six projected weeks are up?

Ben, Los Angeles

EP: I heard General Manager and Coach Mike Dunleavy on Wednesday say Blake could return "in five or six weeks."

As a general rule I take the announced down time and add a week or two to it. If the team says a player is out six weeks I usually allow for seven or eight. Griffin may be sooner but in my experience, it usually takes a little bit of time for a player to get a practice or two under their belt before getting the green light.

I can't see LA rushing Blake back. He's going to have a fantastic career. They've got to make sure he's sure he's absolutely healthy before he steps back on that court.

Griffin will undergo platelet rich plasma therapy which means they take his own white-cell rich blood from another part of the body and inject it into the knee. It's a progressive treatment that has shown to speed up the healing process.

What is the rate of recurrence for that type of injury? Will he be able hit the ground running when finally given the ok?

Jason, Winona

EP: Blake has a non-displaced fracture which means the bone doesn't need to be set. He doesn't need surgery. Essentially an X-ray or MRI would show a small line somewhere on the patella. Given the proper rest and time to heal, he's expected to make a full recovery.

I let him know that the injury actually occurred when Griffin collided a few weeks ago with Craig Smith. He sat the early preseason games with what was called a bone bruise. That's essentially when the fracture happened - even if it wasn't visible in the initial examinations.

Yes, they expect him to hit the ground running although as I mentioned above - it's always a good idea to pencil in a little bit of testing/conditioning time before a return.

Back