Thoughts on Texas tonight?

jaymOU

Reaction score
Wonder if Bijan will be available as he helps spell minutes for JG and, at times, really helps the offense run.

Texas guards scare me. They are so long and much bigger than Mo - which is something we can say every game. In fact, when Mason and Gibson play together, that has to be the smallest and lightest backcourt in college basketball. Together do they weigh 300 pounds?

Wonder if Bijan will be available as he helps spell minutes for JG and, at times, really helps the offense run.

Texas guards scare me. They are so long and much bigger than Mo - which is something we can say every game. In fact, when Mason and Gibson play together, that has to be the smallest and lightest backcourt in college basketball. Together do they weigh 300 pounds?

he is a game time decision

I don't want to say it's a must-win... but it's a must-win.

At some point having a tough schedule doesn't help you if you don't win enough.

If we want to make the tournament, it's a must-win. All the remaining home games are.

Then we'll have to pick up at least one on the road (KSU, ISU, Tech).

If we can do that, we'll end up a 8-11 seed and solidly in the tournament. If we end up with 7 conference wins or fewer, we're out.

If we want to make the tournament, it's a must-win. All the remaining home games are.

Then we'll have to pick up at least one on the road (KSU, ISU, Tech).

If we can do that, we'll end up a 8-11 seed and solidly in the tournament. If we end up with 7 conference wins or fewer, we're out.

8-10 conf record OU is a mortal lock

7-11 puts OU right on the bubble ..

OU needs to win 1 of the next 3 (anything else is a bonus )

and then win the last 3

OU beat Tech basically because Mo went off. Texas will be smothering him even more than KU probably. Who else will step up?

We are playing better but I don’t have a good feeling.. The way they physically manhandled us in Austin was… pretty severe.

I don't want to say it's a must-win... but it's a must-win.

At some point having a tough schedule doesn't help you if you don't win enough.

Rarely are games must wins, but if you don't win tonight, then you have to win in Lubbock (unlikely) to offset the loss. And I never believe OU wins in Manhattan - so it makes tonight's game a "must win" in my book.

Win your home games and steal one on the road. That'd be great!

Concussion protocol - correct? He looks great and in good spirits on the bench, so he's bound to be ready tonight - unless there is some other injury at play here.

yes he is out of the protocol and has returned to practice ..

Must win! Don't mess up against Utah St and Butler.. Then win TCU or KU and we are real safe in good position.

Unpopular opinion: We played better without him.

i tend to agree ... i think he will become a good player for OU and he has flashes of very good play ..

but he is also pretty loose with the ball .. and cutting down turnovers is key right now for OU

I think we are still better off if he is available. We don’t have any player on this team who is consistently good/great. Goldwire has had his share of really bad games, and Cortes bailed us out a couple times, most notably against ISU. So many guys are up and down that I’d like to have all hands on deck, because you never know who will show up on a given day. And who knows, maybe watching two games from the bench will impress upon him the importance of taking care of the ball.

I think we are still better off if he is available. We don’t have any player on this team who is consistently good/great. Goldwire has had his share of really bad games, and Cortes bailed us out a couple times, most notably against ISU. So many guys are up and down that I’d like to have all hands on deck, because you never know who will show up on a given day. And who knows, maybe watching two games from the bench will impress upon him the importance of taking care of the ball.

We dont beat isu without him. Hopefully watching the better play with fewer turnovers from the bench will wake him up to calm down on the flashy passing. Still like him over the kc kid right now.

I would disagree.

I don't like playing Mason.. he's not even close to ready. So, pressure than is on Gibson to handle more.. if Goldwire gets into any foul trouble it kills us.

So you think it had more to do with Bijan NOT playing vs. actually shooting ball well??

It's not like anyone can expect you to take the NON-negative approach I guess.

Back