Tired?

TINY

Reaction score
I am not trying to make excuses for that sorry performance tonight, but it was obvious to me that TMG's minutes in the last few games caught up to the frosh tonight. WW and Tony had gimpy ankles and had not played in over a week. Tiny is still trying to get into shape, obviously.

The rest of the players maybe felt a lil hangover from having to wake up early today and hustle to the airport instead of doing their normal pregame routines. I don't know, but to me this was not the same team that had been making positive strides the last month or so. No hustle, no rebounds, and worst of all no emotion. Thoughts?

I am not trying to make excuses for that sorry performance tonight, but it was obvious to me that TMG's minutes in the last few games caught up to the frosh tonight. WW and Tony had gimpy ankles and had not played in over a week. Tiny is still trying to get into shape, obviously.

The rest of the players maybe felt a lil hangover from having to wake up early today and hustle to the airport instead of doing their normal pregame routines. I don't know, but to me this was not the same team that had been making positive strides the last month or so. No hustle, no rebounds, and worst of all no emotion. Thoughts?

None of that helped I'm sure, but its still not an excuse for the way that the team performed. The thing that is upsetting is that it wasn't just one or two guys tonight.

Just a terrible team effort against the worst team in the Big 12.

I agree with you Tiny, that most of this could be true.. But in my opinion "only",we did not make any adustments. We should have known that they would take the ball out of the guards hands... I looked at the stats.. we took 22 3's.. They took 12.. our post combinded for I think 7 or 8 shots they went inside we stayed outside.

I agree with you Tiny, that most of this could be true.. But in my opinion "only",we did not make any adustments. We should have known that they would take the ball out of the guards hands... I looked at the stats.. we took 22 3's.. They took 12.. our post combinded for I think 7 or 8 shots they went inside we stayed outside.

True dat. We had a distinct size advantage in the post with Tiny/Wright, and we neglected to take advantage of it.

Back