Transfer Portal Thread

He was set to go to Florida. Lofton (StB kid) took his spot, I guess.

Probably left him to scramble a bit. DePaul is likely offering the best NIL + PG package from the schools on his list. He'll be featured, that's for sure.

I am going to venture he went to the highest bidder.

I seriously doubt DePaul is offering more than he could get at OU. He was running out of options because he made an emotional decision to leave a good situation at OU. He jumped thinking he could get what he wanted and he ended up at DePaul. He overplayed his hand and thought he was some superstar. He was wrong.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/tobias_bass/status/1527083711002554368[/TWEET]

Good for him... he will have a blast up there. The Big East is a fun league too. We will see what he can do as a point guard. He has the leading scorer in the Big East alongside him, and a really good transfer from ISU as well. Very athletic team.

PG: Umoja Gibson - Transfer from Oklahoma - Averaged 13 points and 3 rebounds per game. 40% 3pt shooter.

SG: Javon Freeman - All Big East Selection - Led Big East in scoring at 21.7 ppg

SF: Javan Johnson - Transfer from Iowa State - Averaged 10 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists per game at Iowa State

PF: Da'Sean Nelson - Juco Transfer - Averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds per game in junior college. Can guard all 5 positions. Versatile player with lots of athletic ability.

C: Nick Ongenda - 6'11'' 210 - Averaged 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game last year.

Good for him... he will have a blast up there. The Big East is a fun league too. We will see what he can do as a point guard. He has the leading scorer in the Big East alongside him, and a really good transfer from ISU as well. Very athletic team.

PG: Umoja Gibson - Transfer from Oklahoma - Averaged 13 points and 3 rebounds per game. 40% 3pt shooter.

SG: Javon Freeman - All Big East Selection - Led Big East in scoring at 21.7 ppg

SF: Javan Johnson - Transfer from Iowa State - Averaged 10 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists per game at Iowa State

PF: Da'Sean Nelson - Juco Transfer - Averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds per game in junior college. Can guard all 5 positions. Versatile player with lots of athletic ability.

C: Nick Ongenda - 6'11'' 210 - Averaged 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game last year.

That's a pretty salty starting 5.

Yep, quite a squad. Probably good for at least 10 wins and 100 fans per game.

You’re such a clown. They will finish 10th or worse in the Big East.

No way they are going to be good. They only have one JUCO player in the starting lineup.

I seriously doubt DePaul is offering more than he could get at OU. He was running out of options because he made an emotional decision to leave a good situation at OU. He jumped thinking he could get what he wanted and he ended up at DePaul. He overplayed his hand and thought he was some superstar. He was wrong.

OU is offering money?

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/status/1527284608315838464[/TWEET]

Jackson State, Texas Southern, and Memphis.

I watched most of the GLeague camp games. Shareef is finally starting to show some things. Very active. Needs some refinement.

Assuming OU still has a spot for a big, I would make contact with "Reef". I doubt it'll happen, obviously.

Good news on Sherfield seemingly being mostly locked in. I just looked him up, he's a scoring machine who can pass and gets defensive rebounds. He had a very good offer list coming out of HS. If OU could somehow land an above average, ready big to go along with the other two portals and the HS recruiting class, you'd have to say Moser and staff did a pretty nice job. We've all been worried, but if that scenario happens and you stack all the new players against those that left, you can at least say OU has upgraded in terms of ranking and length(at guard), which is obviously all we have to go on right now..

I wouldn't say he thought he was some "superstar," but he clearly thought the grass was greener on the other side.

I guess I don't understand. He wants to play in the NBA but didn't think he could beat out other Pg's on OU and Florida's team for most minutes. But he thinks he can be good enough to play in the best basketball league in the world.

Back