Transfer Portal Thread

Good news on Sherfield seemingly being mostly locked in. I just looked him up, he's a scoring machine who can pass and gets defensive rebounds. He had a very good offer list coming out of HS. If OU could somehow land an above average, ready big to go along with the other two portals and the HS recruiting class, you'd have to say Moser and staff did a pretty nice job. We've all been worried, but if that scenario happens and you stack all the new players against those that left, you can at least say OU has upgraded in terms of ranking and length(at guard), which is obviously all we have to go on right now..

if Grant and Joe can play OU is better on paper then they were last season as the roster stands currently ...

and they still have 2 spots for it to get better. ..

Sherfield for MO looks like a good trade. Trading a smaller G for a 6'2" scorer should be a plus.

Without good reason, I have been holding out hope Mo would come back. I thought he was a good and winning player. He wasn't perfect. He was too small for the wing and didn't handle the ball well enough to be a really effect point. But, I had hoped he would come back and really work on his ball handling and develop as a well rounded point guard. Oh well, he was terrific for us and I wish him well.

If we do get grant, I think he is far more ready to play point than Mo and appears on the limited film I have seen to better a better ball handler. He has proven he can score, but I am not sure he is the shooter that Mo is. Mo could light it up, particularly as he settled in late in his career.

I agree with everyone else, I would like to see us pick up an Ethan Chags replacement (a banger power forward). Either way, if Grant and Joe can play, I like the look of the roster.

Exciting news! Sherfield has a little bit of Kyle Lowry to his game. Big body who uses his strength and ball handling to create space. Also a good finisher under duress ... and will have the best floater at OU since Trae Young was here.

If he can improve his 3 point percentage this year, he'll be a really really good addition.

Defensively, it will be interesting to see how he can replace Goldwire's defense at the point position.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/status/1527284608315838464[/TWEET]

Jackson State, Texas Southern, and Memphis.

I watched most of the GLeague camp games. Shareef is finally starting to show some things. Very active. Needs some refinement.

Assuming OU still has a spot for a big, I would make contact with "Reef". I doubt it'll happen, obviously.

He’s going to Texas Southern. The coach there coached Shaq in college. They are also going to get his brother.

Sherfield been locked in. I tired telling you! Lol

More good news coming. All I know.

Your info is appreciated trust me. But you should appreciate the fact that recruiting can change instantly, and until they sign on the line that is dotted anything can happen. The enrollment is a great step to being locked in, but if he is so locked in, why hasn't Moser announced him like he did Bamisile? See what i'm saying? And didn't you say awhile back that Rondel was coming in a couple of days? Not saying he won't end up here, but he's out visiting everybody. Not calling you out at all, just demonstrating the fact that until they sign they ain't *.

Long time stalker on here, but don’t post much. I just want to give Coach and NAIA a big thanks for the great information you give on here. You are the best sources for OU basketball. I really appreciate you two. Thanks!!!

Two spots. At this point, team is shaping up to be improved with two big gaps:

backup Center
What is going to happen at the second wing spot?

Sherfield
????
Bamisile
Hill
T Groves

That starting spot is going to be hotly contested. Noland, Rondel Walker or other portal transfer, Uzan, Oweh, etc. Schroder.

Your info is appreciated trust me. But you should appreciate the fact that recruiting can change instantly, and until they sign on the line that is dotted anything can happen. The enrollment is a great step to being locked in, but if he is so locked in, why hasn't Moser announced him like he did Bamisile? See what i'm saying? And didn't you say awhile back that Rondel was coming in a couple of days? Not saying he won't end up here, but he's out visiting everybody. Not calling you out at all, just demonstrating the fact that until they sign they ain't *.

I agree. Until you sign sign it’s not locked in.

Even still it’s not signed signed.

Rondel stuff changes daily. I’d bet he would’ve been in. But always more concrete with grant. Staff wasn’t worried about Gonzaga trip.

Long time stalker on here, but don’t post much. I just want to give Coach and NAIA a big thanks for the great information you give on here. You are the best sources for OU basketball. I really appreciate you two. Thanks!!!

I enjoy it.

Blessed with some solid friends.

Without this board I wouldn’t have Ou hoops board!

Two spots. At this point, team is shaping up to be improved with two big gaps:

backup Center
What is going to happen at the second wing spot?

Sherfield
????
Bamisile
Hill
T Groves

That starting spot is going to be hotly contested. Noland, Rondel Walker or other portal transfer, Uzan, Oweh, etc. Schroder.

as of this second J Groves is the other starter ... (and i think he is the favorite to start either way)

as of this second J Groves is the other starter ... (and i think he is the favorite to start either way)

Fair enough. This is a solid starting lineup:

Sherfield
Bamisile
J Groves
Hill
T Groves

I expect it to be Jacob or CJ, regardless of who we sign.

I'll guess
Sherfield
Noland/Transfer
Basmille
Hill
Groves

with J. Groves as first big off the bench.. then transfer/Noland first guard.
Uzan and Cortes still fighting for backup pg mins.

I have hope for that team and think we are better.. We need Noland and both Groves to be better by 10pct.

I'll guess
Sherfield
Noland/Transfer
Basmille
Hill
Groves

I have hope for that team and think we are better.. We need Noland and both Groves to be better by 10pct.

I think both Groves bros will be a little better next year. They got a taste of the Big 12 on the night in night out basis.....They know a little more about what to expect. Plus a years growth will help.

I may be the only one that thinks Godwin can come in and give us a decent 10-15 minutes per game off the bench......we don't need much more than that.

I'll guess
Sherfield
Noland/Transfer
Basmille
Hill
Groves

Sherfield and Bamisile would have started for us last year. No question about that. Better backcourt immediately makes us better in the frontcourt.

Sherfield's ability to break down the defense and make the play (whether scoring or assisting) will make us a much tougher team to defend.

They can't start both Groves. Way too many defensive issues, especially with switching picks.

Good news on Sherfield. Still hopeful we get Walker and a solid backup big that can push Tanner for minutes like Chargois did toward the end of last season.

I think both Groves bros will be a little better next year. They got a taste of the Big 12 on the night in night out basis.....They know a little more about what to expect. Plus a years growth will help.

I may be the only one that thinks Godwin can come in and give us a decent 10-15 minutes per game off the bench......we don't need much more than that.

You're not the only one. I expect him to be a lot better than people think.

My starting lineup is this:

GPS (Grant Payne Sherfield + PG = GPS...guiding the team. okay, okay, I apologize, lol)
Transfer
Joe Bam
Hill
Tanner

Back