Transfer Portal Thread

DePaul making moves to finish 10th in big east. Again.

So DePaul will have three guards who averaged more assists than Gibson this year?

Grant Sherfield took part in a Pro Day today at the NBA Combine hosted by Octagon Basketball (management/marketing org.). Now that it's over, it shouldn't much longer before we officially hear something (going back to school/commitment).

(red undershirt)
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Barlowe500/status/1528112081022615554[/TWEET]

------

It slipped my mind that Rondel played with TCU's Mike Miles & Jakobe Coles on the Texas Titans EYBL team. Cade Cunningham was also on that team. Too much info to remember and easy to forget some things.

-----

Non-portal

Normally, I don't care one bit about what players do in their spare time and/or who they date...but Milos Uzan is dating Mike Bibby's daughter. I still don't care per se, but kind of cool at the same time. Good for him.

Last edited:
So do we still have a shot at Walker or is he mostly likely Georgia or TCU? You'd think we'd have some news on OU's last 3 schollies pretty soon as summer school starts in a couple of weeks, I think.

If we have 2-3 potential transfers waiting on NBA draft feedback (I.e. Sherfield), I would be ok with that.

Congress hasn’t gotten involved at all. That is the problem

Can congress overrule the Supreme Court?

SCOTUS ruled in favor of the athletes............and did not specify any boundaries to what was inevitable.

Now with that ruling, is there anything congress or the NCAA can do to rein in the results?

IDK....jmo.

Can congress overrule the Supreme Court?

SCOTUS ruled in favor of the athletes............and did not specify any boundaries to what was inevitable.

Now with that ruling, is there anything congress or the NCAA can do to rein in the results?

IDK....jmo.

Yes Congress makes laws, like giving antitrust freedom to MLB. Scotus decides if a law applies to something not specified or a law harms someones constitutional rights.

The problem with SCOTUS ruling on this is college athletics is pretty nuanced. And those ladies/gentlemen i'm pretty are pretty limited in their knowledge of sports, especially college. This shouldn't be so cut and dried.

The problem with SCOTUS ruling on this is college athletics is pretty nuanced. And those ladies/gentlemen i'm pretty are pretty limited in their knowledge of sports, especially college. This shouldn't be so cut and dried.

SCOTUS doesn’t have to know anything about sports. They follow the rule of law. They review the facts of every case and rule based on what the current laws dictate.

Congress passes the laws. SCOTUS rules based on those laws. It has nothing to do with sports. How are all parties defined and what is the relationship. It is cut and dried based on the law.

SCOTUS doesn’t have to know anything about sports. They follow the rule of law. They review the facts of every case and rule based on what the current laws dictate.

Congress passes the laws. SCOTUS rules based on those laws. It has nothing to do with sports. How are all parties defined and what is the relationship. It is cut and dried based on the law.

Except that they don't really. They don't rule on cut and dried law, they rule on the law as they see it based on their political preference and interpretation. That's why you see 4-3 rulings almost all the time. If it was indeed cut and dried, you'd see the votes be 7-0 every time. And that's what i'm saying about college athletics. There is no cut and dried..

Except that they don't really. They don't rule on cut and dried law, they rule on the law as they see it based on their political preference and interpretation. That's why you see 4-3 rulings almost all the time. If it was indeed cut and dried, you'd see the votes be 7-0 every time. And that's what i'm saying about college athletics. There is no cut and dried..

Stikboy wins this exchange

Except he doesn’t. His “facts” are completely wrong. As this link shows, the most common ruling is unanimous, 9-0. 5-4 rulings get more attention, but are much less common.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...e-popular-misconception-supreme-court-9-0-ru/

Thanks for correcting me on the 9 justices, it's Sunday! Been a long week, HAHA. Other than that, I really don't give a ratsazz what you think. Dangett! I rue the second I decided to chime in on something non-portal recruiting. Shame on me. I'm not trying to win any arguments, but the point is, if there's just ONE vote that's not unanimous, it kind of proves my point.

OK, can we take this thing back to portal recruiting? The last thing I wanted to do was hijack this great informational thread and get involved in any of these little b**** back and forths. Some of you are GREAT at that, i've got to hand it to you. Do us all a favor and start a different thread for that crap. Done!

Ncaa is a joke of an organization. Needs to be disbanded.

They are sitting on their thumbs and praying congress makes a law to save their sorry asses.

lol there are 9 people voting .. and yes there are lots of 9-0 rulings ..

lots more then you think .... there are also 5-4 rulings of course and lots of those get all of the press.

Back