Transfer Portal Thread

I assume if you don’t get a waiver, you sit the entire season, just like the old days.

I think there are two separate issues, though, raised in OP's question. One is the waiver that is needed if a player has already transferred once. The other is if a player entered the transfer portal after the deadline.

I believe you are correct if a player does not receive a waiver; he must sit out a year without losing the year. But if it was simply entering the portal late, and it was the first transfer, I believe they could be eligible after the first semester.

And of course, if it is their first transfer, no waiver application is needed.

That it has…

Does that mean we’re done and just waiting for the guys to officially / publicly commit or that we have no current interest and are having to start recruiting the portal now that the first wave of guys has committed?

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1529250664450236416[/TWEET]

Great news! Hopefully we get more than one season from him. This scrambling for multiple players every offseason is quickly going to get old.

Great news! Hopefully we get more than one season from him. This scrambling for multiple players every offseason is quickly going to get old.

This is going to be a yearly thing given no transfer penalties, portal tampering, and NIL running rampant.

yes and not that we have had word on yet ...

OU feels good about them both

Bamisile's case for a waiver is just a coaching change I'm guessing? If so I can't imagine his chances of getting a waiver for that are very high.

What's Sherfield's case? Granted he must know he's going to get one to pull out of the draft.

Bamisile's case for a waiver is just a coaching change I'm guessing? If so I can't imagine his chances of getting a waiver for that are very high.

What's Sherfield's case? Granted he must know he's going to get one to pull out of the draft.

The ncaa isn’t going to stop anyone from transferring anymore. There have already been a number of multi-time transfers get cleared without any hardship attached to it.

two new follows today

-------

Dildy on Twitter

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ThePortalReport/status/1529132525817413634[/TWEET]

As shown, OU had some interest when he entered the first time. That was Patrick IIRC, though.

Not a lot of production at Vandy but he was a top 100 recruit and has talent/lots of eligibility

https://247sports.com/Player/Shane-Dezonie-46057671/high-school-255557/

------

Clayton Custer on IG

Joey Baker

Sounds like Rondel is a no go. I’m okay with that.

Joey Baker is interesting because he’s a really good shooter, and he’s a one year rental so you can get the young guys up to par.

Would like to see us get an athletic/physical post and a solid shooting 2 guard. Sherfield is going to create opportunities. Just need someone to knock them down.

Massive get, Folks!

Never doubt, CoachTalk!

People are good to me.

I share what I can share. Lots of good people here.

Wish I was a billionaire for a new arena and some NIL but thats not happening.

Back